Napoli Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

What the fuck happened between 45 mins and 80 mins?

Great in the prem but Mancini must take some blame for tonight and the whole campaign. Zabaleta and Kolorov are just not good enough. Richards in the form of his life, not picked and not on the bench. Why? How many crosses did those two waste tonight?

Aguero on after 81 minutes....Johnson after 86! What the fck are they supposed to do in that time. These changes were needed on 60 mins as we were doing nothing.

We dont deserve to go through as we have only played well in one game. Napoli were quicker and more clinical.

Fucking Thursday night shite and Sunday Prem games awaits unless an absolute miracle happens.

Our form away in europe has been poor for the last 3 seasons in it and needs addressing.

CTID101 said:
Mancini got it wrong tonight . He likes to rotate the team but for one of your biggest games ever we have to play our best 11, Clichy and Richards would have been able to both cope with the pace that Lavezzi and Hamsik offer as well as going forward stretching their 3 man defence.

Dzeko looked terrible tonight so we take him off and Aguero can come on, if it doesnt work well at least you tried instead of waiting for the final 10mins.

Milner and Hart did well but they cant win games by themselves.

Really annoyed and would rather just get kicked out now rather than go in Europa which is such a awful competition.

Couldn't have said it any better. Like I said earlier, Mancini needs to play an EDS side in the Europa.

I think our priority is Premier league and that is why Richards and Clichy were rested...I've said this all season...CL is a learning curve and the best way to make sure we are back next year is to win the league.
We played well for much of the game and had plenty of possession and chances (Kolarov's shot end of first half, Balo's header second to name two good ones)

I thought we were a little slow to attack at times and gave Napoli the chance to get back in numbers.They on the other hand countered like lightning but we should have been prepared for that...Soft 1st goal to conced and a bit slow to react on number 2.
All in all I think we did wenough for the draw but that's football.
The last game in Spain is not a no brainer for Napoli and if they think it is it could still bite em on the arse.
Fingers crossed...no fat lady singing just yet.

jimharri said:
Once again, a weird team selection in Europe. Everyone knew we needed/wanted a win tonight but for some reason Bob decided to rest our first choice full backs. Now I understand the need for rotation but surely the opportunity was there on saturday to rest Micah and Gael against a limited (in terms of attacking prowess) Newcastle side. They could then have played tonight and, after 4 days rest, again on sunday before resting them next week at the Emirates. They would have offered a more attacking threat than either AK or Zab did tonight. And, had they helped us to a win tonight, they could have been rested for the final group game against Bayern. Also, why didn't Sergio come on until the last 10 minutes? Everyone could see that Ed was having a 'mare (indeed Mario wasn't that much better). Ah well; there's always next year.

:-(
One of the reason he's was sacked by inter for being shit in Europe and too date city have been shit as well under him

We lost two a team that outplayed us twice no shame tbh, team selection wasn't the best, but were only just learning to play at the top level, were not out but seems unlikely. Domestic football is priority and I think Mancini kind of recognizes that. Napoli were good on the counter attack and in defence, proper Italian set up. Hope the players are just ready for the red scouse at the weekend, lets keep our domestic form going, I'll be more than happy with the league title.

Duffinho said:
Oh please lets stop slagging our players off this was always going to be difficult. Reality check here people we have come a long way and it disturbs me how after the great start we have had we crucify the team for 1 defeat.

Some people on here are starting to behave like rags!!!

*Applauds team and fans in napoli i hope you all get home safely*

Agreed

We were never gonna win the CL anyway. Real and Barca are miles ahead of any other teams in Europe at the moment. If we want to take the Europa seriously we can definitely win it. Just hope it doesn't have a bad effect in our league form

Win the prem, go in next season as a top seed and hope we don't get stitched up again with a group of death.

About tonight's match I think Bobby got his team selection wrong. He made his subs too late. We didn't defend, especially zab and kolarov who was piss poor. We never turned up for the second half. They were there for the taking after getting back to 1-1

Tricky_Trev said:
ForzaNapoli said:
I don't watch the Prem, just highlights and that one game against United. What would you say was different against us? Is the defense in England really poor?
Our best 2 full backs did not play. Nobody has conceded fewer goals than us in the league.

Kolarov and Zabaleta are poor. Clichy and Richards are class. That's what the difference was.
Besides the 2 goals we ate, we didn't threaten on offense. That's been our problem actually, we have lost our gameplay lately. Would you say our defense is good?

Just not good enough in the Champions league the balance hasn't been there and our big players especially Silva and Kompany have not performed. Playing all of our slow players against the pace of Napoli's attack was a strange one.

ForzaNapoli said:
tommybooth said:
itisrising said:
Lavezzi would be wonderful for our squad. He is a fantastic player!
and a great diver!
So is Mario.

I think his name is aroma...or aromica. or something cbf checking.

Anyone who says that we should just give up on the europa league is fucking out of their minds.
We need the coefficient points. We should at least field a good team. If we can make it into pot 2, then great, it gives us a better chance in the champions league.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.