Napoli Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Senna, Camunas and Marchena are all back for Villarreal, if Nilmar, Cani, and Zapata can get back in time (not sure Nilmar can though) they might have a stronger lineup against Napoli than they have in recent games.

BlueSinclair said:
How is it embarrassing to win the europa league? Its not, but I understand it feels like a consolation prize. But many keep yelling city have little europe experience, well here is GREAT a chance to win a cup and get that experience.
Quite. Premiership after more than 40 years would be a good start. A good run in the Europa League (get used to the travelling lads) and a chance with the home cups. What's so bad about that? It's not as if we need the money from the Champions League is it?

There's always next year.

If tonight had been the European cup final, given current form and fitness, would Kolarov, Zaba, De Jong and Dzeko start ahead of Clichy, Richards, Barry and Aguero?

If not, then why did they play tonight in our biggest game of the season so far? Big mistake from Mancini. He's made very few this season and he is a brilliant manager, but sometimes you've got to hold your hands up.

If he had wanted to rest Richards and Clichy, he should have rested them on Saturday at home against an average Newcastle attack. Not playing those two pacy full backs against one of the quickest counter attacking forward lines in Europe is just baffling.

In Mancini we trust, but he got it wrong tonight.

Mazzarri said:
anymore than 2sheiks said:
I'd be happy to put a weakened side in the europa league and go all out for a domestic treble.

The arrogance on here is quite amusing. For a club with hardly any European history (not much domestic either) you would think that the Europe League would still be a valuable prize. A few years ago most, if not all of you, would have jumped at the chance to just be in the EL. Now you're complaining at dropping down into it, which is where you ultimately belong anyway. Remember, a few years ago you weren't battling it out with Bayern an Napoli to see who progresses into the knock-out stage of the CL, but were instead competing with the likes of Wigan, Fulham, Sheffield etc to see who STAYS UP in the Premier League.

You can buy the league, but not the Champions League. I'm sorry, it just isnt as easy as the way you have bought the league. Go ask Chelsea. I'd like to see what becomes of this club when the Financial Fair Play rules are implemented. Or better yet, when your money-bags owners decide they have had enough. Smooth sailing into oblivion (where you were about 2 years ago anyway) it is then.

Toodles twattyface :)

Read up yourself you will find we are well set for ffp you dump pile of tittybollocks.
Who are you to say where we belong huh ? i think your mixing up your own bitter ideals with real life son, it sucks doesnt it :D

Carry on :)

Mazzarri said:
I'd be happy to put a weakened side in the europa league and go all out for a domestic treble.

The arrogance on here is quite amusing. For a club with hardly any European history (not much domestic either) you would think that the Europe League would still be a valuable prize. A few years ago most, if not all of you, would have jumped at the chance to just be in the EL. Now you're complaining at dropping down into it, which is where you ultimately belong anyway. Remember, a few years ago you weren't battling it out with Bayern and Napoli to see who progresses into the knock-out stage of the CL, but were instead competing with the likes of Wigan, Fulham, Sheffield etc to see who STAYS UP in the Premier League.

You can buy the league, but not the Champions League. I'm sorry, it just isnt as easy as the way you have bought the league. Go ask Chelsea. I'd like to see what becomes of this club when the Financial Fair Play rules are implemented. Or better yet, when your money-bags owners decide they have had enough. Smooth sailing into oblivion (where you were about 2 years ago anyway) it is then.
And you support ?? Our owner is here for the long term if you care to understand what he's doing.

I've allowed your post so it can be ridiculed, you might want to try a different tack to wind us up, this one won't work.

Mancini haters out in force ????? Why - if ballo had netted that volley it would have been a total diff atmosphere on here (& would have been goal of the season ) wasn't our night maybe it's not our time to qualify - but it ain't over till it's over -cmon villareal

matt_matt said:
Sigh. Distraught. At the start of the season, I was more philosophical: the CL group was so tough, I thought we could just use it to gain experience of Europe's elite and getting to the knock-outs would be a bonus... but it's still a kick in the teeth now we're (more or less certainly) out.

What was noticeable was how well Napoli identified the threat of AK on the left in the first half (when I thought he was okay), and really shut the door in the second half on him (when he wasn't okay).

Our forte was having the midfield to reinforce our flanks which we did against the scums at OT.

i.e. with Yaya, Milner, Silva & Barry (instead of dJ). Most times our team breakdown in defence when we attack or counter attack with dJ having the opportunity to initiate ONE. Go figure why after you review Napoli's 2nd goal.

cleavers said:
Mazzarri said:

The arrogance on here is quite amusing. For a club with hardly any European history (not much domestic either) you would think that the Europe League would still be a valuable prize. A few years ago most, if not all of you, would have jumped at the chance to just be in the EL. Now you're complaining at dropping down into it, which is where you ultimately belong anyway. Remember, a few years ago you weren't battling it out with Bayern and Napoli to see who progresses into the knock-out stage of the CL, but were instead competing with the likes of Wigan, Fulham, Sheffield etc to see who STAYS UP in the Premier League.

And you support ?? Our owner is here for the long term if you care to understand what he's doing.

I've allowed your post so it can be ridiculed, you might want to try a different tack to wind us up, this one won't work.

Fair enough for allowing it. It doesn't bother me as much that you've bought your way to success as it does that most of your fans have forgotten where this club was just a few seasons ago.

leighton said:
At times with Mancini some of his decisions are baffling. Away from home in the champions league knowing a positive result will give us a great chance of getting to the knockouts. His rotating of the back 4 was just stupid. The 2 fullbacks should of started in Richards and Clichy we are more of a force with these 2 in the team.

Every other area of the pitch I couldnt complain midfield were solid for most of the game and held onto the ball well. Up front Mario and Dzeko just didnt gel. Dzeko was poor tonight didnt get any chances and his overall display was just not there.

Mancini subs. Again a baffling decision to only put Kun on with the final 10 minutes to go. He should of been on earlier in the game. When he came on he was lively and causing problems. Our first champions league appearance and we are it seems heading out tatics tonight wasnt right by Mancini. This is were Mancini has failed in the past his record in the Champions league is shit in recent years. It was the reason Inter got rid of him in the first place it wouldnt be a surpise if the same thing was to happen at City if the team doesnt progress in the Champions league next season.

For all of bobby mancs decision making in the past, the way he has put this team together, had total faith in their ability to bring it together, get the defense working first and then build forward followed by unleashing the kind of mesmeric footie we have been playing this season, for what ever reason, he totally bottles it in the Champions and Europa leagues.

Perhaps someone can confirm why Micah was not even on the bench, but based on how Napoli have played ALL of their champions league games, they rely on coming out - at speed - on the break (similar to spurs) and hurling it down the wings. So who on earth does Bobby think that Kolarov and Zab are going to be able to deal with that kind of pace! Don't get be wrong, I like both those players, but they are only suited to certain types of opposition but certainly not against the kind of pace that Napoli so obviously have.

For me, Clichy should have been a dead cert to start - great pace going forward and back and not afraid to get stuck in (can anyone let me know if Kolarov has ever made a successful tackle?).

Then, with being down 2-1 so quickly, why did he leave it until the 80th minute to bring on Kun and the 86th minute to bring on AJ? For that last 10 minutes, we battered them and also had some incredible luck ourselves not to go down another 2 goals. But, like in Munich, when he wanted to make changes and bring on CT at the 60th minute on the basis that there was still 30 minutes to make a difference, apart from Nasri who is a mirror for Silva, how did he really expect to draw one back, let alone try and win.

OK, so Yaya, Dzeko and Milner were not up to their usual standards, but we can surely forgive them for such a rare under performance. I beleive they were roundly hampered by a poor selection in the first place and more importantly, to bring in Zab (who cannot be fully match fit at the moment) and Kolarov who might have the mightiest left foot but can't run for shit - against total atheletes of the Napoli strike force, was the foundation of almost certain failure.

But, time and time again, Bobby keeps on making the most strange decisions in the european games with both selection and then leaving it until less than 9 minutes to go to bring on replacement strikers.............................dumfounded blue!

cleavers said:
zeven said:
Tevez City said:
No one to blame tonight except Mancini.
Barry and AJ were raring to go ! they didn't start against Newcastle and were fresh for tonight's game.

We had most of the possession but without creativity !
You don't have to be a genius to solve this problem with the bench he have ( Aguero - AJ - Nasri ) !

Whats the point of bringing Sergio for the last 10 minutes ONLY !
AND AJ for the last 5 minutes !!!
You are an idiot.

Aguero carried a knock.

He's just a WUM, its a wonder he hasn't told us how tevez would have won it on his own tonight.

-- Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:16 pm --

welcometomanchester said:
Why no Richards then on the bench. Rather him at cb than Savic if it came to that. Obv Kun not 100% easy to blame bobby but lacked width.
Injured perhaps ? He took a knock on Saturday.

OK losers, I understand your frustration.
Keep slagging me off IF it will makes you feel better :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.