Napoli Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

strongbowholic said:
They were a very, very organised unit. Clinical finishing. Some poor defending from us and the scoreline could have been a lot, lot worse. Some good performances, but what a game to have so many put in a poor shift at once. Some questionable changes to the side and for the life of me, I cannot understand why we did not accept Napoli's invitation to come down the flanks. Tomorrow's another day. Keep the faith lads.

Watching the second goal in slow motion was painfull and should be played again and again and again and again to the team, the defending was a *ucking disgrace and Milner, Yaya and Vinnie should have their balls chewed. What I hope will happen is that they will be furious and gagging to put it right against the dippers. Seriously I counted 8 of our players and 5 of there's within 20 yards of our goal, defending of the most lamentable type that I have scene all season. They have to learn, but so does the manager, we had no pace in the back line tonight, which makes me think his mind was on Sunday's game. However, if the 3 fukwits had done their job then we would have come away with atleast a draw. Those 3 players are so much better than that AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Sky had a wank fest tonight!!

Stellings last comment "The noisy neighbours are certainly quiet tonight" WTF

Fuck off you monkey hanging ****
Well; we gave them the opportunity to have a dig, and they weren't going to pass it up, were they?

how good will it feel though if we scrape through and rags get beat.hough if by magic we scrape through and rags get beat.if we dont make it out of this group we met quality and didnt quite suss it.if utd dont get out of unibond group now that would be funny.

europa league here we come, cant belive it edin just cant hold the ball up & his touch is shit we need better than him? shame

How is it embarrassing to win the europa league? Its not, but I understand it feels like a consolation prize. But many keep yelling city have little europe experience, well here is GREAT a chance to win a cup and get that experience.

I know there is still a chance to get through, but its so small its no use talking about. And mentioning the rags going out is just stretching at straws. Sorry I think its sooo far fetched :p

zeven said:
TCIB said:
Mancini has been great for us and im not forgetting it but he really does have this result firmly at his feet.

The defense for the second goal was bad though. Three of them all stood in a line next to Hart for some reason. Kolarov lost his man to easily on 3 occasions.

Mancini's answer to why he left it so late to bring Aguero on does not wash though and im fucking fuming such a good manager can drop such a bollock.
His answer was not wanting to leave more space for them. Well we were already losing and not looking like scoring ffs what did he think will happen ?.
We were playing with 10 men (Dzeko marked out of it) and that sub (Dzeko - Aguero) would have gave them 0 extra room.
Mancini left it to late, 10 and 5 mins left respectively. Total fuck up, bollocks to worrying about giving them more space ffs pull your fucking thumb out and get fucking angry make the sodding changes.
I understand it may not have worked but it certainly looked to help us for the 4 or so minutes we had AJ and Aguero on. I would have prefered us to lose by more and have a crack than basically take it in the ass like we did.

This is not an anti Bobby rant just fustration at such a smart guy using the thought process of a brick.
I still love you Bobby but tonight your on the couch :p
Next time keep your frustrations to yourself.

blame bobby for this? Mancini has to deliver in PL so why would he let our first pair fullbacks play 3 games in a week?

It's a forum and ill say wtf i like fella deal with it. Yes i blame Bobby for this as much as Napoli were good we did ourselves no favors.

The reason i am pissed is because he usually does get it spot on, hence his reasoning in his interview makes little sense beyond that of not wanting to lose by to many goals.

Playing kolorov & zabalata was a huge mistake, they r great backup to 1st choice Richards & Clichy... Who should always play the BIG games !!

Dzeko & Mario doesn't work, Aguero should of started !!

Pissed off at the moment, but a little reality check is required... We r top of prem, & it was r first champ league experience !!

---
I am here: <a class="postlink" href="http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=53.743896,-2.643074" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=53.743896,-2.643074</a>

At times with Mancini some of his decisions are baffling. Away from home in the champions league knowing a positive result will give us a great chance of getting to the knockouts. His rotating of the back 4 was just stupid. The 2 fullbacks should of started in Richards and Clichy we are more of a force with these 2 in the team.

Every other area of the pitch I couldnt complain midfield were solid for most of the game and held onto the ball well. Up front Mario and Dzeko just didnt gel. Dzeko was poor tonight didnt get any chances and his overall display was just not there.

Mancini subs. Again a baffling decision to only put Kun on with the final 10 minutes to go. He should of been on earlier in the game. When he came on he was lively and causing problems. Our first champions league appearance and we are it seems heading out tatics tonight wasnt right by Mancini. This is were Mancini has failed in the past his record in the Champions league is shit in recent years. It was the reason Inter got rid of him in the first place it wouldnt be a surpise if the same thing was to happen at City if the team doesnt progress in the Champions league next season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.