Napoli Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Tevez City said:
OK losers, I understand your frustration.
Keep slagging me off IF it will makes you feel better :)
You mostly talk sh*te its hard not to.

andrewmswift said:
His username is the name of Napoli's manager...
Thanks, I'd noticed that. I don't think its him though, surely he will be out having a pizza by now. Certainly wouldn't be arguing the toss about our owner/team/fans in perfect english on a city fan forum.

My suspicion is a rag, but given their current form, I'm sure they have better things to do (worry about) at this moment as well.

Mazzarri don't leave please, we need to be taught how to be good fans who act like a grateful stray dog whome just got some nice kebab meat of someone as decent as your good self.

Tell me, when i see other teams fans do i approach them and plead forgiveness for being a supporter of a cheeky team who dares to piss on the big boys bonfire ?. Should i bow ? if so what protocol should i use ?

I would put a fiver on him being a bitter inbred spud, alas i had to give that fiver to a mercurial rag fan whome walked past me and graced me by his very presence.

Mancio said:
bluesimon said:
leighton said:
At times with Mancini some of his decisions are baffling. Away from home in the champions league knowing a positive result will give us a great chance of getting to the knockouts. His rotating of the back 4 was just stupid. The 2 fullbacks should of started in Richards and Clichy we are more of a force with these 2 in the team.

Every other area of the pitch I couldnt complain midfield were solid for most of the game and held onto the ball well. Up front Mario and Dzeko just didnt gel. Dzeko was poor tonight didnt get any chances and his overall display was just not there.

Mancini subs. Again a baffling decision to only put Kun on with the final 10 minutes to go. He should of been on earlier in the game. When he came on he was lively and causing problems. Our first champions league appearance and we are it seems heading out tatics tonight wasnt right by Mancini. This is were Mancini has failed in the past his record in the Champions league is shit in recent years. It was the reason Inter got rid of him in the first place it wouldnt be a surpise if the same thing was to happen at City if the team doesnt progress in the Champions league next season.

For all of bobby mancs decision making in the past, the way he has put this team together, had total faith in their ability to bring it together, get the defense working first and then build forward followed by unleashing the kind of mesmeric footie we have been playing this season, for what ever reason, he totally bottles it in the Champions and Europa leagues.

Perhaps someone can confirm why Micah was not even on the bench, but based on how Napoli have played ALL of their champions league games, they rely on coming out - at speed - on the break (similar to spurs) and hurling it down the wings. So who on earth does Bobby think that Kolarov and Zab are going to be able to deal with that kind of pace! Don't get be wrong, I like both those players, but they are only suited to certain types of opposition but certainly not against the kind of pace that Napoli so obviously have.

For me, Clichy should have been a dead cert to start - great pace going forward and back and not afraid to get stuck in (can anyone let me know if Kolarov has ever made a successful tackle?).

Then, with being down 2-1 so quickly, why did he leave it until the 80th minute to bring on Kun and the 86th minute to bring on AJ? For that last 10 minutes, we battered them and also had some incredible luck ourselves not to go down another 2 goals. But, like in Munich, when he wanted to make changes and bring on CT at the 60th minute on the basis that there was still 30 minutes to make a difference, apart from Nasri who is a mirror for Silva, how did he really expect to draw one back, let alone try and win.

OK, so Yaya, Dzeko and Milner were not up to their usual standards, but we can surely forgive them for such a rare under performance. I beleive they were roundly hampered by a poor selection in the first place and more importantly, to bring in Zab (who cannot be fully match fit at the moment) and Kolarov who might have the mightiest left foot but can't run for shit - against total atheletes of the Napoli strike force, was the foundation of almost certain failure.

But, time and time again, Bobby keeps on making the most strange decisions in the european games with both selection and then leaving it until less than 9 minutes to go to bring on replacement strikers.............................dumfounded blue!

can you recall me who were our full backs at munich ?

We had the perfectly match fit (NOT) Kolo who was 80% responsible for both the Bayern goals in so much that he was within 3 yards of Gomez for both goals. Why on earth was Lescott not playing in Munich, I will never know - he has been on fire for all of this season...........

Mazzarri said:
anymore than 2sheiks said:
I'd be happy to put a weakened side in the europa league and go all out for a domestic treble.

The arrogance on here is quite amusing. For a club with hardly any European history (not much domestic either) you would think that the Europe League would still be a valuable prize. A few years ago most, if not all of you, would have jumped at the chance to just be in the EL. Now you're complaining at dropping down into it, which is where you ultimately belong anyway. Remember, a few years ago you weren't battling it out with Bayern and Napoli to see who progresses into the knock-out stage of the CL, but were instead competing with the likes of Wigan, Fulham, Sheffield etc to see who STAYS UP in the Premier League.

You can buy the league, but not the Champions League. I'm sorry, it just isnt as easy as the way you have bought the league. Go ask Chelsea. I'd like to see what becomes of this club when the Financial Fair Play rules are implemented. Or better yet, when your money-bags owners decide they have had enough. Smooth sailing into oblivion (where you were about 2 years ago anyway) it is then.

Ohhh you are funny and so bitter. Take a deep breath.ahh thats better now go to sleep.

cleavers said:
Mazzarri said:
Fair enough for allowing it. It doesn't bother me as much that you've bought your way to success as it does that most of your fans have forgotten where this club was just a few seasons ago.
You failed to answer my question, who is your team ?

Our fans have certainly not forgotten where we were a few years ago, in fact its this that makes many so insecure, they worry they might still be dreaming.

We will be disappointed to have to play in the europa this year, who wouldn't given the form we are in, in the league.

Your comment about our owner is so far from the mark though, and you know it. He is here for the very long term, there will be no boredom with him, just look at the plans that are public, we will easily make FFPR, and they know it.

For the record, I don't support Napoli. Having said that, City do look a carbon copy of Chelsea under Mourinho. In the 04-05 and 05-06 they were tremendous. Teams would be happy enough to just score against them. Their success couldn't buy them the CL though, and manager after manager has since gone. You can't spunk 100+ million quid every season. I just don't think spending wads of money can estalbish you as a force in Europe (or the Premier League) for years to come. As they say, form is temporary class is permanent.

Wrong team tonight I'm afraid. Maybe our results so far this season have persuaded management that changing full backs every game is okay. For me we should be picking our strongest 11 tonight as this was our biggest game so far.

Kolarov and Zabaleta were poor, whilst De Jong and Dzeko were non-existant. Substitutions should have come much earlier. It was obvious we were struggling and not looking likely to improve after 55mins and the one negative I have of Mancini is that he appears reluctant to change things up during a game.

Still, can't complain too much. Mancini has been spot on for the most part this year.

cleavers said:
Tevez City said:
OK losers, I understand your frustration.
Keep slagging me off IF it will makes you feel better :)
You mostly talk sh*te its hard not to.

As I said before.
Keep slagging me off if it makes you feel better. :)

Before I go to bed I had one more thing to say, Mancini is the only man to blame for this result.

Mazzarri said:
anymore than 2sheiks said:
I'd be happy to put a weakened side in the europa league and go all out for a domestic treble.

The arrogance on here is quite amusing. For a club with hardly any European history (not much domestic either) you would think that the Europe League would still be a valuable prize. A few years ago most, if not all of you, would have jumped at the chance to just be in the EL. Now you're complaining at dropping down into it, which is where you ultimately belong anyway. Remember, a few years ago you weren't battling it out with Bayern and Napoli to see who progresses into the knock-out stage of the CL, but were instead competing with the likes of Wigan, Fulham, Sheffield etc to see who STAYS UP in the Premier League.

You can buy the league, but not the Champions League. I'm sorry, it just isnt as easy as the way you have bought the league. Go ask Chelsea. I'd like to see what becomes of this club when the Financial Fair Play rules are implemented. Or better yet, when your money-bags owners decide they have had enough. Smooth sailing into oblivion (where you were about 2 years ago anyway) it is then.

I'm sorry what I dozed off for a minute then you said something about being a United fan.... what?

Someone put the kettle on

In a nutshell, we wouldnt of minded if we got beat tonight if we had our strongest team out on the pitch, but Mancini has left himself open to critisism because we all know Richards,Clichy and aguero even though carrying a knock make a far stronger team and this was by far one of our most important games of the season. Simple.

Do me a favor and sell Dzeko. Tired to hear your complaining about him. Once, not Messi could help you. City played over the wings and there was a post that was where it should. All played bad match. The worst I've seen of the city. Dzeko he is attacking. and he is the striker who do not create chances but they must be created for him. and knew the inside bought him. It should be served on him and then he'll score. But he will then be the right place at the right time! But again, just sell him we are many who will follow him. Many City fans are getting too smart for city club has received oil money. Take it easy and fall down. City will not be a great team at 1year just because you have money.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.