Nasri and the 'Quenelle'

Status
Not open for further replies.
pudge said:
Regardless of their intention the mere fact it can be interpreted as offensive should tell both Nasri and Anelka to stay well clear of it.

Stick to that butterfly thingy in future Nic.
I find butterflies offensive ;) if the players claim they didn't mean it and apologise (believable, they're not always the most politically clued-in) it should be left at that.

bretonblue said:
levets said:
Davs 19 said:
Get all that PB. It was the the sentence I emboldened in your original post that caused me a problem:

" it was plain-old fashioned European/Christian Jew hatred"

I hope you can understand why.

Same for me... implying historically Christians hate Jews...

Yes, that statement is Anti-Christian and offensive imo.

And Hitler was no Christian.

5y3abapu.jpg

Personally, I have no idea what Ferris Bueller and some French guy have got to do with City...

Prestwich_Blue said:
levets said:
Davs 19 said:
Get all that PB. It was the the sentence I emboldened in your original post that caused me a problem:

" it was plain-old fashioned European/Christian Jew hatred"

I hope you can understand why.

Sorry - I wasn't implying that all Christians hate Jews, just making the point that, historically, the church was behind much of the anti-semitism found in Western Europe in medieval times. Martin Luther was particularly and demonstrably anti-Semitic. Each Crusade usually started with a massacre of Jews somewhere.

Martin Luther was anti-Semitic. Possibly.
And how many Rabbis are anti-Christian or anti-Muslim?
And how many Christians helped Jews during WW2 years?

Yes... And there are a lot of Christians buried in Flanders under crosses,
who took out the evil Hitler and his evil helpers, but you sure know a lot about what the
bad Christians did.

Care to enlighten us as to what 'you' believe, since you went after that user pretty good?
Don't think you should use your status to do a personal witch-hunt.

I haven't read all of the thread, but from what I have seen:

Thank you Prestwich Blue!

bretonblue said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
levets said:
Sorry - I wasn't implying that all Christians hate Jews, just making the point that, historically, the church was behind much of the anti-semitism found in Western Europe in medieval times. Martin Luther was particularly and demonstrably anti-Semitic. Each Crusade usually started with a massacre of Jews somewhere.

Martin Luther was anti-Semitic. Possibly.
And how many Rabbis are anti-Christian or anti-Muslim?
And how many Christians helped Jews during WW2 years?

Yes... And there are a lot of Christians buried in Flanders under crosses,
who took out the evil Hitler and his evil helpers, but you sure know a lot about what the
bad Christians did.

Care to enlighten us as to what 'you' believe, since you went after that user pretty good?
Don't think you should use your status to do a personal witch-hunt.

You`re new on here aint ya ???

Champions2012! said:
What a load of bollocks. People seem to make up hurtful gestures as they go along.
Pretty soon you can't move a limb anymore without being called an antisemite.
THIS

Everything allegedly "antisemitic" has always been blown out of proportion.

You dare to comment on the Graun about the zionist abuses over the Palestinian people and it's modded under antisemitic.

You mention that Israel is a racist state who are occupying someone else's territories, and uses nazi methods to going on ethnically cleansing the Palestines, and it is again antisemitic.

This thread will probably get locked soon.

Nasri will probably escape any ban, he didn't do it during a match or anything. But seriously, I think he was unaware of the political/cultural negative aspect of that gesture. This matter is blown way out of proportion. Thanks MUEN !

jared said:
This thread will probably get locked soon.

Nasri will probably escape any ban, he didn't do it during a match or anything. But seriously, I think he was unaware of the political/cultural negative aspect of that gesture. This matter is blown way out of proportion. Thanks MUEN !

If I met you tomorrow and said ''hey, will you pose with me in a picture and will you please put your right arm / hand up against your left shoulder / higher arm'' would you immediately do it unquestionably or would you ask what it meant? Or if you knew what it meant, and you were a ''well known sports celebrity'' would you still go ahead and do it?

CelesteItis said:
Champions2012! said:
What a load of bollocks. People seem to make up hurtful gestures as they go along.
Pretty soon you can't move a limb anymore without being called an antisemite.
THIS

Everything allegedly "antisemitic" has always been blown out of proportion.

You dare to comment on the Graun about the zionist abuses over the Palestinian people and it's modded under antisemitic.

You mention that Israel is a racist state who are occupying someone else's territories, and uses nazi methods to going on ethnically cleansing the Palestines, and it is again antisemitic.

Very well said. Anti-zionist DOES NOT equal anti-semite. This a long misunderstood issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.