Nasri Appeal (merged).

Re: Appeal or not? SN.

Very soft red, but an appeal will be futile. I just hope they don't deem it frivolous and increase it by a game.

moomba said:
Remember a similar one by Lee Hendrie against us. No contact and probably wouldn't have hurt if he did make contact.

But the appeal failed, ours will too.
I have been arguing this, and come round to the view that there's no point appealing

The act, pathetic as it was, was violent. If you throw a punch and miss, it's violence. If you flick your head when your head to head, it could technically be regarded as violent conduct. I think its pointless contesting but maybe the ref might have 2nd thoughts when he sees the video

Violent conduct?? Are you lot having a laugh? Private school education I assume. If that is a 3 game ban, then I must live in a different place. What a pathetic game is now played in front of us.

Rather than appealing Nasri's ban the club should be fining him for unprofessional behaviour that could have cost us the game. What he did was stupid and a certain red in today's game. No point appealing. I hope Mancini gave him a total bollocking after the match.

Danny Hoekman said:
Violent conduct?? Are you lot having a laugh? Private school education I assume. If that is a 3 game ban, then I must live in a different place. What a pathetic game is now played in front of us.
Yes violent....

Its about principle, cant let them get away with double standards either so yes, we should appeal even if it costs us one extra game.

Danny Hoekman said:
That's what I've been saying. If that is violence I give up on this as a sport played by men. May as well start promoting it as "Wendyball" like a lot of rugby players call the sport.

It's a cautionable offence for this part of the Cautionable Offence law; "Commits an act which, in the opinion of the referee, shows a lack of respect for the game (e.g., aggressive attitude, inflammatory behavior, or taunting)".

It's aggressive attitude and inflammatory behaviour with a lack of respect. It was not violence.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.