Nasri Appeal (merged).

Re: Appeal or not? SN.

Would you believe that City have the 2nd most red cards in the premiership over the last two seasons? Only QPR have more.

Stoke have appealed Nzonzi's red. There was no contact there either, yet he was much more aggressive than Nasri. Neither were red cards.

Given the FA's approach to MCFC I don't think we should appeal.

kramer said:
Good tackle! It was wreck less and bordering red the ref booked him for it and gave a free kick

In my book it was a good tackle, in the rule book it wasn't.

Funny thing is, Bassong got booked for the tackle it seems and got zero sanction for pretty much the same use of the head as Samir got a red for. Bassong could have had three or four yellow cards yesterday - did enough to get sent off at least twice.

A depressing incident all around.

Crazy that we are such a footballing side and do very little of the physical stuff yet get so many red cards... Surprised he didn't send Vinny off for the tackle that we scored from - very similar to a quite famous tackle in a cup derby I thought? Got the ball then too... Inconsistency is ruining the game.

Don't see much pont in appealing. At the end of the day, if you put your head into someone else's your asking to get set off. The fact that Bassong didnt get sent off, whilst unbelievable, isn't going to get Nasri's ban overturned.

SalfordCityBlue said:
kramer said:
Good tackle! It was wreck less and bordering red the ref booked him for it and gave a free kick

In my book it was a good tackle, in the rule book it wasn't.

Funny thing is, Bassong got booked for the tackle it seems and got zero sanction for pretty much the same use of the head as Samir got a red for. Bassong could have had three or four yellow cards yesterday - did enough to get sent off at least twice.

A depressing incident all around.

Crazy that we are such a footballing side and do very little of the physical stuff yet get so many red cards... Surprised he didn't send Vinny off for the tackle that we scored from - very similar to a quite famous tackle in a cup derby I thought? Got the ball then too... Inconsistency is ruining the game.
I don't think any City fan would mind if all players at all clubs were treated in the same way.

It's last season all over again. Then we had to be 15 points better than Utd to win it on goal difference.

To be honest, I would appeal. Only on the grounds that we need him more for Stoke than we do for the following 4 games (assuming he picks up an extra game ban for a frivolous appeal). We can cope with Watford, QPR and Fulham, he doesn't play particularly well against Arsenal for some reason. If nothing else it would keep the 'double standards' issue in the press as I'm sure comparisons will be made with RVP's reaction after his near death experience.

Just a bit of handbags. Both players had their handbags out but only one got sent off. The City player (who only moments earlier had been sent three feet into the air by the kind of tackle we've seen City players sent off for in recent times). Sounds about right.

Hamann Pineapple said:
To be honest, I would appeal. Only on the grounds that we need him more for Stoke than we do for the following 4 games (assuming he picks up an extra game ban for a frivolous appeal). We can cope with Watford, QPR and Fulham, he doesn't play particularly well against Arsenal for some reason. If nothing else it would keep the 'double standards' issue in the press as I'm sure comparisons will be made with RVP's reaction after his near death experience.

I agree that would be the only reason to appeal.Not a chance he would get it rescinded even though I believe it should be.

SN puts in a French Kiss (or should that read French Miss?)

Should have taken a leaf out of ZZ's book and made it a proper one.

If you're going to do it, at least fucking connect you French tart!

Appeal, ask for Gill to be present and stick the fucking head on that rag turd!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.