Nasri Appeal (merged).

Re: Appeal or not? SN.

The conspiracy theorists seem blind to the fact that Nasri put us in a bad position completely needlessly. It's not like he was challenging for the ball and unlucky to be sent off. He put himself in a situation he had no need to be in. There was no point in him doing what he did. I'll forgive a player for getting a red mistiming a tackle but Nasri was just stupid. We had the free-kick. Accept it and get on with the game. Instead he could have cost us the title by giving the ref an excuse to send him off. Whether it was the right decision or not is irrelevant. Nasri put himself and the team in a compromised position.

Fine him, drop him, bollock him and move on. Take the ban on the chin, there's no way it will be overturned.

masterwig said:
The conspiracy theorists seem blind to the fact that Nasri put us in a bad position completely needlessly. It's not like he was challenging for the ball and unlucky to be sent off. He put himself in a situation he had no need to be in. There was no point in him doing what he did. I'll forgive a player for getting a red mistiming a tackle but Nasri was just stupid. We had the free-kick. Accept it and get on with the game. Instead he could have cost us the title by giving the ref an excuse to send him off. Whether it was the right decision or not is irrelevant. Nasri put himself and the team in a compromised position.

Fine him, drop him, bollock him and move on. Take the ban on the chin, there's no way it will be overturned.

I get you but RVP (R.I.P) put his team in a similar position.......

masterwig said:

The conspiracy theorists will probably look at RVP's reaction to almost being killed and wonder why RVP was not sent off for being stupid too. Nasri was annoyed at the tackle (rightly so) and stood up for himself, I see no reason to fine him, drop him or bollock him to be honest.

masterwig said:

There is something in that - he did confront Bassong, but the ref gave Norwich a nothing free-kick for their goal, and I've seen loads of incidents like this week after week and they get ignored.

City have 7 reds now in 2 seasons. 2nd only to QPR. There's no conspiracy, but refs don't think twice about sending off a City player in a Cup Final atmosphere, but they think twice when Ferguson is looming on the touchline.

In addition to the red cards we have had suspensions like Barry for post-match comments whilst Ferguson is playing his games

PistonBlue said:
masterwig said:

The conspiracy theorists will probably look at RVP's reaction to almost being killed and wonder why RVP was not sent off for being stupid too. Nasri was annoyed at the tackle (rightly so) and stood up for himself, I see no reason to fine him, drop him or bollock him to be honest.

Van Pussy was prevented from taking retribution by Chico's neat trip. The only anatomical area of Williams' in danger of a head but was his balls!

Let's stop looking at the FA, media, rags etc. We played well in the main part yesterday. Deserved to win, scored four goals and came away with three points. It feels like we're getting bogged down in fights we don't need to be involved with. Just get on with our own game and we'll catch them. All this tit-for-tat talk won't win us the league.

There's not a chance Nasri will be let off and regardless of what RVP did I'd agree with that. He stuck his head in. Barton got done for a 'headbutt' on Kompany when he was miles away from making contact. It was stupid and he got caught. Yes it was soft and not the most violent thing you'll ever see but it's the nature of the game these days. You can't get away with that. That RVP did is something the club can question in private with the FA but in isolation Nasri is bang to rights.

masterwig said:
Let's stop looking at the FA, media, rags etc. We played well in the main part yesterday. Deserved to win, scored four goals and came away with three points. It feels like we're getting bogged down in fights we don't need to be involved with. Just get on with our own game and we'll catch them. All this tit-for-tat talk won't win us the league.

There's not a chance Nasri will be let off and regardless of what RVP did I'd agree with that. He stuck his head in. Barton got done for a 'headbutt' on Kompany when he was miles away from making contact. It was stupid and he got caught. Yes it was soft and not the most violent thing you'll ever see but it's the nature of the game these days. You can't get away with that. That RVP did is something the club can question in private with the FA but in isolation Nasri is bang to rights.
Well argued

We can't control the bias, but we can highlight it, and there is some benefit from doing so

We also benefit from the siege atmosphere. I think the players feel that we are up against the world and it works for us. The team spirit at MCFC is outstanding

masterwig said:

I agree totally....we need to focus on what's important, the last thing we need is to lose focus trying to fight battles we can't or won't win, take the ban and let's get on with trying to retain our title

Marvin said:
masterwig said:

Well argued

We can't control the bias, but we can highlight it, and there is some benefit from doing so

We also benefit from the siege atmosphere. I think the players feel that we are up against the world and it works for us. The team spirit at MCFC is outstanding

We are going to need that mentality because, as the pressure builds & the games appear more crucial, the worse the refs will get for us & the more helpful they will become for the rags. Just like last season.

masterwig said:

^^This^^

It was a clear red card and he deserved to go. It does not matter what RVP did or didn't do he should have been sent off. Had that been a Norwich player doing it to one of ours there would be a totally different view.

Take the sky blue tinted specs off and deal with it. Take the ban as we need him for when Yaya goes to the ACN which is.....??

Lets not lower ourselves to the level of the scum and lets just take it graciously.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.