Nasri Appeal (merged).

Re: Appeal or not? SN.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Caveman said:
What's all this "intent" shite people keep saying. I've posted the laws and not once is the word "intent" mentioned.
Its a red card mate.let it go.
I'm more hacked off with vinnys great
Tackle for their first,2 pens not given and the garrido back pass...
Red for what? There's nowt in the laws that says "putting your face near the face of the opponent and flicking your head is a red card offence".

Caveman said:
What's all this "intent" shite people keep saying. I've posted the laws and not once is the word "intent" mentioned.

-- Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:21 am --

Jumanji said:
Hate to say it but pointless appealing.nasri and bassong had heads together..handbags however
nasri then pushes his head forward.Now albeit minimal it was intent so the decision although a little harsh
Was correct.
Pretty much this.. Honestly, if that happened to one of our players (and it has before) I'd want a red.
Really? I fucking wouldn't! This is the sort of shit that's bringing this sport into the realms of 'fucking joke of a sport played by soft bastards'. If someone did that to our player I'd just say, "get on with the game, leave the handbags out and play some football"
No you wouldnt youd want a red.take tjose blue tinted specs off.nasri pushed his head twds him.

Caveman said:

-- Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:21 am --

Jumanji said:
Pretty much this.. Honestly, if that happened to one of our players (and it has before) I'd want a red.
Really? I fucking wouldn't! This is the sort of shit that's bringing this sport into the realms of 'fucking joke of a sport played by soft bastards'. If someone did that to our player I'd just say, "get on with the game, leave the handbags out and play some football"
No you wouldnt youd want a red.take tjose blue tinted specs off.nasri pushed his head twds him.
No. I really really wouldn't.

Caveman said:
Caveman said:
Red for what? There's nowt in the laws that says "putting your face near the face of the opponent and flicking your head is a red card offence".
Its violent conducr you clown.i agree it was nothing really but come on.

Caveman said:
Jumanji said:
Hate to say it but pointless appealing.nasri and bassong had heads together..handbags however
nasri then pushes his head forward.Now albeit minimal it was intent so the decision although a little harsh
Was correct.
Yes, and I would have the same feeling towards elbows, and other acts violence.

What Nasri did WAS an act of violence in my opinion (hardly the worst though), and things like this have no place in footy. Football is a GAME not an octagon.

We should definitely appeal. They only add on an extra game if it's a frivolous appeal, but I think we at least have a reasonable case to put forward on this one - if there had really been intent with the 'head flick', I think even Nasri would have made contact from that distance...

It probably won't be overturned, but I think it's worth a shot, with minimal risk of an extra game ban.

Caveman said:
Caveman said:
Red for what? There's nowt in the laws that says "putting your face near the face of the opponent and flicking your head is a red card offence".[/quote]

Then you need to read up on the laws of the game sunshine !!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.