Nasri Appeal (merged).

Re: Appeal or not? SN.

Pigeonho said:
BillyShears said:
Pigeonho said:
Totally different. Van Persie gets up to confront Williams but at no point does he headbutt or do the headbutting motion. Nasri did the same as van Persie by getting up to confront Bassong, but he then did the headbutting motion and that is a straight red. He was stupid to do that.

Funny thing is, had that been an opposition player squaring up to one of our players like that after a strong challenge, we'd be screaming for a ban. We wouldn't be football supporters I suppose if we didn't have double standards !
Exactly, same with Kompany too. Too many blue specs on here at times. Had that been a challenge like Kompany's on one of our players leading to a goal, this place I think would literally melt down with yells of an agenda.
Not in your house I'd guess.

Are football fans not normally known to back their club/player on things such as this?

SWP's back said:
Pigeonho said:
BillyShears said:
Funny thing is, had that been an opposition player squaring up to one of our players like that after a strong challenge, we'd be screaming for a ban. We wouldn't be football supporters I suppose if we didn't have double standards !
Exactly, same with Kompany too. Too many blue specs on here at times. Had that been a challenge like Kompany's on one of our players leading to a goal, this place I think would literally melt down with yells of an agenda.

Are football fans not normally known to back their club/player on things such as this?
Course, if there's something to back. Put it this way, if Rooney this weekend goes to headbutt someone in the exact same way Nasri did and got sent off, would you say it was harsh?

Pigeonho said:
SWP's back said:
Pigeonho said:

Course, if there's something to back. Put it this way, if Rooney this weekend goes to headbutt someone in the exact same way Nasri did and got sent off, would you say it was harsh?

Would he get sent off?

SuperKevinHorlock said:
Pigeonho said:
SWP's back said:

Would he get sent off?
Ha, I knew someone would say that ;-)
For arguments sake, lets say he has been...

Pigeonho said:
SuperKevinHorlock said:
Pigeonho said:

Would he get sent off?

pork-on-the-wing.jpg

Pigeonho said:

So long as there is consistency I don't think anyone can complain too much. So if Nasri gets sent off and banned for three matches I would hope that Rooney would get sent off and banned for three matches.

Would I be confident that would happen?

Pigeonho said:
SuperKevinHorlock said:
Pigeonho said:

Would he get sent off?

I'm predictable like yourself!

Soft red card in my opinion and I would say the same if the same thing happened to Rooney!
However as the refs are so inconsistent I would imagine that the same instance happening again would probably warrant yellow cards.

SuperKevinHorlock said:
Pigeonho said:
SuperKevinHorlock said:
Would he get sent off?

I'm predictable like yourself!

Soft red card in my opinion and I would say the same if the same thing happened to Rooney!
However as the refs are so inconsistent I would imagine that the same instance happening again would probably warrant yellow cards.
I can't argue against that because like you and Moomba before you have said, the refs are inconsistent. Nasri did nothing other than (in the laws of the game) attempt to headbutt Bassong, but that is not acceptable as far as the rules of the game go and for that the ref had no choice. Appealing the decision with the footage against Nasri being readily available would be silly, because on the basis of the rules of the game having been applied, the sending off was correct no matter how soft or hard the actual 'headbutt' was.

Pigeonho said:
Marvin said:
Pigeonho said:
Totally different. Van Persie gets up to confront Williams but at no point does he headbutt or do the headbutting motion. Nasri did the same as van Persie by getting up to confront Bassong, but he then did the headbutting motion and that is a straight red. He was stupid to do that.
Van Persie has to be dragged off Williams. He attacked him. You could argue his anger was understandable. I think the ref got the RVP / Williams spat right.

But that "spat" was much more violent - from both players - than Nasri Bassong. It's bizarre that you could claim that Nasri was more violent than RVP.
I would say RVP got up very aggressively and slipped, which made it look worse but there was no intention to head butt like Nasri clearly did. If you move your head as though to head butt an opponent like Nasri did, you are just asking to be sent off. Nothing bizarre about noticing that, because that's what happened.

If you watch the Van Persie incident again as he go's towards Williams a Swansea player by he trips him up

Pigeonho said:
SWP's back said:
Pigeonho said:

I think the world's gone soft if a player gets sent off for that.

Btw, since the derby, we have received 7 reds to their 0. Rooney would never be sent off for that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.