Nasri [Merged] continued.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taylor said:
Back on topic, I hope Nasri is our main target wouldn't be happy if we moved on to the unproven Cerci

Would not suprise me though with some of the shite Mancini buys - for me its Nasri and of we dont get him then we need to look elsewhere for some creativity

Dont know alot about Cerci other than he is very fast - a questonable signing at best if we went after him

LoveCity said:
Ladyman suggesting Nasri is indeed our "winger" signing.

City will not dramatically increase their bid for Arsenal’s Samir Nasri and will turn back to Fiorentina winger Alessio Cerci if the London club do not relent.

City have already had a £20m bid for Nasri knocked back by Arsenal as Arsene Wenger desperately tries to prevent his squad falling to pieces ahead of the new season.

It is understood that City are not prepared to go much higher for the French forward as they know they could try again in January, by which time the 24-year-old will only have six months left on his Arsenal contract.

City are prepared to pay slightly more for Nasri and remain confident that Wenger’s hand will be forced by an Arsenal board that knows it cannot afford to see Nasri’s value plummet between now and next summer.

However, City will not go to the £25m that has been suggested this week and it is more likely City boss Roberto Mancini will move for Italian winger Cerci, 24, as a stop-gap as he will be considerably cheaper.

You know whos considerably cheaper than that Bob and wont need time to 'settle in'?

Shauny.

TFC said:
LoveCity said:

City will not dramatically increase their bid for Arsenal’s Samir Nasri and will turn back to Fiorentina winger Alessio Cerci if the London club do not relent.

City have already had a £20m bid for Nasri knocked back by Arsenal as Arsene Wenger desperately tries to prevent his squad falling to pieces ahead of the new season.

It is understood that City are not prepared to go much higher for the French forward as they know they could try again in January, by which time the 24-year-old will only have six months left on his Arsenal contract.

City are prepared to pay slightly more for Nasri and remain confident that Wenger’s hand will be forced by an Arsenal board that knows it cannot afford to see Nasri’s value plummet between now and next summer.

However, City will not go to the £25m that has been suggested this week and it is more likely City boss Roberto Mancini will move for Italian winger Cerci, 24, as a stop-gap as he will be considerably cheaper.

You know whos considerably cheaper than that Bob and wont need time to 'settle in'?

Shauny.

had a good pre season - to be fair Bobby did say that if he wanted to stay he could its ghis call but implied he wont get many opportunities

Nasri can play left wing or attacking midfield - dont see the point of buying two players - we only need to keep one and reinstate either SWP or Bellars or both

Chamakh, Nasri's mate whom he vacations with, made embarrassing comments in L'Equipe. He seems convinced we will get him for around 20m euro. And that one of Cesc or Nasri is staying, implying it is Cesc who is staying.

Chamakh expecting Arsenal will lose Fabregas and Nasri

Marouane Chamakh believes Arsenal will lose Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri this summer as soon as Arsène Wenger finds their replacements.

Fabregas is still being linked with a return to Barcelona whilst Nasri is reportedly close to joining Manchester City and Chamakh fears they will depart the Emirates Stadium when Wenger has players lined up to step into their shoes.

“I think both players will quit the club,” the Moroccan striker told L’Equipe.

“I don’t think it’s a matter of money for the Fabregas or Samir deals being held up, I think it is a case that the manager is looking for their successors and he hasn’t been able to find them.

“I think before letting them go, he wants to find the players to replace them. That’s my opinion about the situation.

“The problem is the season starts this weekend, and it’s even more difficult for us now.”

He added: “I think in the situation the club is in, they should only let one leave.

"Cesc – he's wanted to leave for several seasons because he’s born in Barcelona.

“But Samir is now in a situation where he has one year left on his contract, so if they don’t sell him this summer he will leave for free at the end of the season.

“Is the club ready in a situation to refuse a little bit more than £17.5 million (€20m) to keep a good player for just one season?

“I would like Samir to stay at the club. It’s very strange – at a club like Arsenal – that he’s now been left with one year on his contract.

Tomorrows Mirror a day behind??

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Manchester-City-set-land-Samir-Nasri-for-22m-after-Arsenal-finally-concede-will-never-sign-new-contract-article783332.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfe ... 83332.html</a>

Taylor said:
Tomorrows Mirror a day behind??

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Manchester-City-set-land-Samir-Nasri-for-22m-after-Arsenal-finally-concede-will-never-sign-new-contract-article783332.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfe ... 83332.html</a>

would be good if true - still not convinced but a decent player just hope the fecker performs when it matters unlike last years performances for Le Arse

dctid said:
TFC said:
LoveCity said:

Shauny.

had a good pre season - to be fair Bobby did say that if he wanted to stay he could its ghis call but implied he wont get many opportunities

Nasri can play left wing or attacking midfield - dont see the point of buying two players - we only need to keep one and reinstate either SWP or Bellars or both

Dont get me wrong, I would love Nasri at the club, just dont see the point of this other lad as a 'stopgap'. Keep Shaun til Jan then let him go and get Nasri in (if that is the way it transpires). Leave Cerci where he is.

Blue Haze said:
Chamakh, Nasri's mate whom he vacations with, made embarrassing comments in L'Equipe. He seems convinced we will get him for around 20m euro. And that one of Cesc or Nasri is staying, implying it is Cesc who is staying.

Chamakh expecting Arsenal will lose Fabregas and Nasri

Marouane Chamakh believes Arsenal will lose Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri this summer as soon as Arsène Wenger finds their replacements.

Fabregas is still being linked with a return to Barcelona whilst Nasri is reportedly close to joining Manchester City and Chamakh fears they will depart the Emirates Stadium when Wenger has players lined up to step into their shoes.

“I think both players will quit the club,” the Moroccan striker told L’Equipe.

“I don’t think it’s a matter of money for the Fabregas or Samir deals being held up, I think it is a case that the manager is looking for their successors and he hasn’t been able to find them.

“I think before letting them go, he wants to find the players to replace them. That’s my opinion about the situation.

“The problem is the season starts this weekend, and it’s even more difficult for us now.”

He added: “I think in the situation the club is in, they should only let one leave.

"Cesc – he's wanted to leave for several seasons because he’s born in Barcelona.

“But Samir is now in a situation where he has one year left on his contract, so if they don’t sell him this summer he will leave for free at the end of the season.

“Is the club ready in a situation to refuse a little bit more than £17.5 million (€20m) to keep a good player for just one season?

“I would like Samir to stay at the club. It’s very strange – at a club like Arsenal – that he’s now been left with one year on his contract.
Interesting that the price there is 20m euros and not £'s. £17.5m would be worth paying I think, £25m would be a joke for someone with 1 year left on their contract. You could probably get any midfielder but the world class ones for that amount of cash even if they have 2-3 years left on their contract and Nasri isn't world class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.