Nasri [Merged] continued.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arsene said:
zangatangring said:
Arsene said:
Clichy has been replaced by Gibbs....was always gonna happen. Nasri has been replaced by Gervinho. i still want two more midfielders

Arsene, sorry to bother you :P, please can you answer some of my arsenal questions?

Would you say Clichy was a very good defender?

What type of player is Nasri? Could he offer the same creative play as Silva or say... Mata?
Its very diffucult to talk about nasri and Clichy without sounding like Im bitter. But i will try.

The incident that happen against Man u with clichy is not very uncommon. At times he can be hesitant with situations and make massive mistakes. In general he's very good defender. When the season is over and you look back, you will see Clichy will be the one who put on the most impressive tackle, some fantastic defending. His problem is every now and then he can have lapses in concentration which can cost the team. Also his crossing is poor. he's far better defender than attacker. overall he will do well for you. he's also a likeable person, someone all the fans liked.

Nasri is not creative like Silva at all. But he's world class ball carrier. his ability to keep possession is amazing, he's quick, good dribble and two footed. His problem is that at times when things get tough, he doesnt take responsibility. For me for a guy with his ability, he should have done much more as there are few players who can combine his pace, dribbling, technique and are two footed. Its like he doesnt fully believe in himself.

Wenger spoke last season about how they have worked hard on nasri to become more aggressive without the ball and get in dangerous situations and score more. The first two seasons, he never took responsibility. he got better in his last season. If he sorts his mentality out, he will be a top player
Top post. I agree with what you say about both players. We certainly need a ball carrier in midfield. De Jong and Barry are not in the team to do that, plus they are incapable of carrying the ball! Milner is not technically gifted enough to get out of tight situations. Yaya Toure occasionally morphs into a tank and goes on a rampage, but his lack of fitness only allows him to do this maybe once or twice per game, then he'll spend the rest of the match still offside from 3 attacks ago! We've not had a ball carrier since Michael Johnson first broke into the side and was injury-free.

zangatangring said:
Arsene said:
zangatangring said:
Arsene, sorry to bother you :P, please can you answer some of my arsenal questions?

Would you say Clichy was a very good defender?

What type of player is Nasri? Could he offer the same creative play as Silva or say... Mata?
Its very diffucult to talk about nasri and Clichy without sounding like Im bitter. But i will try.

The incident that happen against Man u with clichy is not very uncommon. At times he can be hesitant with situations and make massive mistakes. In general he's very good defender. When the season is over and you look back, you will see Clichy will be the one who put on the most impressive tackle, some fantastic defending. His problem is every now and then he can have lapses in concentration which can cost the team. Also his crossing is poor. he's far better defender than attacker. overall he will do well for you. he's also a likeable person, someone all the fans liked.

Nasri is not creative like Silva at all. But he's world class ball carrier. his ability to keep possession is amazing, he's quick, good dribble and two footed. His problem is that at times when things get tough, he doesnt take responsibility. For me for a guy with his ability, he should have done much more as there are few players who can combine his pace, dribbling, technique and are two footed. Its like he doesnt fully believe in himself.

Wenger spoke last season about how they have worked hard on nasri to become more aggressive without the ball and get in dangerous situations and score more. The first two seasons, he never took responsibility. he got better in his last season. If he sorts his mentality out, he will be a top player
Thanks for your input Arsene, I'm glad you're posting here and hope that you continue to do so.

i think tbh we have a more combative team with a physical presence than arsenal so perhaps we will be able to carry a nasri type of less aggressive player

why are we playing £25m for a player that is out of contract next year?

we hold the cards here, he wants to come here and won't sign a new contract, make Arsenal sweat

Blue Haze said:
I'll be shocked if he isn't a City player by Friday.

Kroenke would strangle Wenger for pissing away 23m.

But what if Wenger convinces Nasri to stay and take up the reigns after Fabregas? He can sell it to Kroenke on the basis that he will convince Nasri to sign a new contract during the course of the next 12 months.

I don't think this deal is happening in this window (or ever) now.

Chippy_boy said:
Blue Haze said:
I'll be shocked if he isn't a City player by Friday.

Kroenke would strangle Wenger for pissing away 23m.

But what if Wenger convinces Nasri to stay and take up the reigns after Fabregas? He can sell it to Kroenke on the basis that he will convince Nasri to sign a new contract during the course of the next 12 months.

I don't think this deal is happening in this window (or ever) now.
what player would sign a long term deal with a team that is getting worse not better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.