Nasri [Merged] continued.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arsene said:
Cheadle Blue said:
Arsene said:
Clichy has been replaced by Gibbs....was always gonna happen. Nasri has been replaced by Gervinho. i still want two more midfielders

It will take gervinho some time to settle in mate, he certainly won't replace someone like nasri, they are worlds apart. Nasri is far and away a better player.
Better at what? nasri played left forward for us and thats where Nasri will play. yes nasri is better at certain things and Gervinho is better at vertain things.

Its like comparing Pedro to iniesta. Who is the overall superior player? iniesta. But who is more suited to wide forward and gets you more goal? pedro.

i want my forwards to be goal getters and midfielders to be creators. nasri was decent on both, but not great on neither. I will sound bitter and I dont blame you for calling me bitter. But nasri is a bit overrated

Gervinho is unproven at this level and now banned for 3 matches. I'll take Nasri thanks.

Arsene said:
Cheadle Blue said:
Arsene said:
Clichy has been replaced by Gibbs....was always gonna happen. Nasri has been replaced by Gervinho. i still want two more midfielders

It will take gervinho some time to settle in mate, he certainly won't replace someone like nasri, they are worlds apart. Nasri is far and away a better player.
Better at what? nasri played left forward for us and thats where Nasri will play. yes nasri is better at certain things and Gervinho is better at vertain things.

Its like comparing Pedro to iniesta. Who is the overall superior player? iniesta. But who is more suited to wide forward and gets you more goal? pedro.

i want my forwards to be goal getters and midfielders to be creators. nasri was decent on both, but not great on neither. I will sound bitter and I dont blame you for calling me bitter. But nasri is a bit overrated

Pedro & iniesta are both class, gervinho certainly isnt. im saying ability pure and simple. gervinho was poor at weekend. alright he did well to get into certain positions, but had no final ball. same with wallcott. How many times have you seen gervinho play? i watched the pre season games, and the newcastle game, so ive seen him as much as you probably have, what is gervinho better at than nasri? apart from sporting dreds? come on mate do me a favour

Arsene said:
Cheadle Blue said:
Arsene said:

deluded mate, you know full well nasri is top quality
your comments are becoming a tad bitter now.
you don't or didn't want him to leave and now he is, you're out with the overrated tosh.

zangatangring said:
Arsene said:
dctid said:
it depends whom comes in - replacing Cesc or Clichy and possibly Nasri with kids will be a massive problem - replacing them wiht top draw

Arsene, sorry to bother you :P, please can you answer some of my arsenal questions?

Would you say Clichy was a very good defender?

What type of player is Nasri? Could he offer the same creative play as Silva or say... Mata?
Its very diffucult to talk about nasri and Clichy without sounding like Im bitter. But i will try.

The incident that happen against Man u with clichy is not very uncommon. At times he can be hesitant with situations and make massive mistakes. In general he's very good defender. When the season is over and you look back, you will see Clichy will be the one who put on the most impressive tackle, some fantastic defending. His problem is every now and then he can have lapses in concentration which can cost the team. Also his crossing is poor. he's far better defender than attacker. overall he will do well for you. he's also a likeable person, someone all the fans liked.

Nasri is not creative like Silva at all. But he's world class ball carrier. his ability to keep possession is amazing, he's quick, good dribble and two footed. His problem is that at times when things get tough, he doesnt take responsibility. For me for a guy with his ability, he should have done much more as there are few players who can combine his pace, dribbling, technique and are two footed. Its like he doesnt fully believe in himself.

Wenger spoke last season about how they have worked hard on nasri to become more aggressive without the ball and get in dangerous situations and score more. The first two seasons, he never took responsibility. he got better in his last season. If he sorts his mentality out, he will be a top player

svennis pennis said:
Arsene said:
Cheadle Blue said:

Gervinho is unproven at this level and now banned for 3 matches. I'll take Nasri thanks.
Well every player who comes to the PL is unproven in the PL. Quality player is quality player. i will have a bet with anyone here he will score more goals than nasri. In fact we can make a Gervinho vs Nasri thread in the general forum and see who performs better. i dont know if im aloud to make threads

Arsene said:
zangatangring said:
Arsene said:

Arsene, sorry to bother you :P, please can you answer some of my arsenal questions?

Would you say Clichy was a very good defender?

What type of player is Nasri? Could he offer the same creative play as Silva or say... Mata?
Its very diffucult to talk about nasri and Clichy without sounding like Im bitter. But i will try.

The incident that happen against Man u with clichy is not very uncommon. At times he can be hesitant with situations and make massive mistakes. In general he's very good defender. When the season is over and you look back, you will see Clichy will be the one who put on the most impressive tackle, some fantastic defending. His problem is every now and then he can have lapses in concentration which can cost the team. Also his crossing is poor. he's far better defender than attacker. overall he will do well for you. he's also a likeable person, someone all the fans liked.

Nasri is not creative like Silva at all. But he's world class ball carrier. his ability to keep possession is amazing, he's quick, good dribble and two footed. His problem is that at times when things get tough, he doesnt take responsibility. For me for a guy with his ability, he should have done much more as there are few players who can combine his pace, dribbling, technique and are two footed. Its like he doesnt fully believe in himself.

Wenger spoke last season about how they have worked hard on nasri to become more aggressive without the ball and get in dangerous situations and score more. The first two seasons, he never took responsibility. he got better in his last season. If he sorts his mentality out, he will be a top player

Cheers Arsene. You did well to not let your bitterness take over. I agree with your points on Clichy, v good defender for most of the time, but is prone to switching off. Considering we have a stronger defensive unit at City, this will help him.

Great news on Nasri being a top ball carrier, we do need that. You're right, it's about confidence and if Mancini can instill that in him, then we will have a great player on our hands (if he signs that is!).<br /><br />-- Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:59 pm --<br /><br />
Arsene said:
svennis pennis said:
Arsene said:

Well every player who comes to the PL is unproven in the PL. Quality player is quality player. i will have a bet with anyone here he will score more goals than nasri. In fact we can make a Gervinho vs Nasri thread in the general forum and see who performs better. i dont know if im aloud to make threads

Another 11 posts you are

Arsene said:
For me for a guy with his ability, he should have done much more as there are few players who can combine his pace, dribbling, technique and are two footed. Its like he doesnt fully believe in himself.

OR... - it could be because he played for a poor side where he was simply one of far too few with that kind of quality. ;)

Just joking... kind of.

Thanks for you input on Arsenal-related topics by the way; I'm glad you are posting here.

Arsene said:
svennis pennis said:
Arsene said:

he should do as gervinho is striker, not sure where you are getting these like for like comparisons from

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.