Nasri

The 'playing on the wrong side/ wrong position is in my opinion a rather weak excuse'. Nasri is clearly good enough to cut in from a wide position, beat a player, or play a cutting pass.

If he is struggling to do this early on in the game, I am sure he would have the intelligence to drift inside and play a more central role as the game develops.

An attacking player of quality, given the relatively free role which he has, will more often then not play well in many attacking positions. I doubt Silva would struggle noticeably on the left/right/handcuffed/blindfolded/central side of the pitch.

In my opinion, Nasri was bought to play a more cutting role. He was bought to beat players, pull defenders wide, score goals and add pace on the counter attack. The way we play (often vs. 10 man defences, slow attacking build up) does not favour his style. This explains why his most outstanding performance so far has been against spurs, an open and attacking team.

Nasri is the definition of a luxury player. At home he should start almost every game. Away against a decent team we should play 3 defensive MF (milner, DJ, YT) and 3 attackers, with the view to bring Nasri on if needed.

Played well against us (Spurs) mind you so did the whole team

Took him a couple of years to settle in at Arsenal, I highly doubt it'll take him long to find his feet at City

I said to my dad in the second half, Nasri looks like he's joined us late and not had a full pre-season to get going. It takes a few weeks to unlearn bad habits and a lot longer to learn new ones.

It took David Silva a full season before he was comfortable shooting.

Try not to forget how good he was on his debut, wehre he repeatedly put them on a plate for Dzeko

Agree that he's been piss poor since though and needs to up his game

ye same here thought he was class on his debut, but he
could of done better in some of the other games he has played in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.