Nasri

Silva had about 2 goals and 2 assists at City until end of October/2010.

Yeah Nasri knows the league very well, but still needs time to gel and to get used to other players movements. He is intelligent and that's why it wont take 1 year only a few months. He came middle of August or later, I think he will carry the team around January-February.

It is a different team, he was a star man at Arsenal next to Fabregas, and was a bigger star maybe than van Persie who is taking all the glory this year there. Nasri's play was essential to Arsenal at least in the first half of the season. (Arsenal was much better last year until they broke their season with CL fiasco against Barca and the Carling Cup joke.)

Once he feels the rythm, Silva's positioning, the strikers position and the free holes where he can run into to get the ball, these things need time.

So for me no problem with him, and we can be lucky that Agüero needed even less time to have a huge impact, like Dzeko who was weaker in the first months in his previous team too and become better with time.

Kompany also became a beast with time and his perfect mentality.

Nasri has 2 goals and 6 assists (all comp.) already it's only early November. 6-8 goals and 12-15 assist in all competion is what we can hope from him first year.
(He has more and orginizing role here and not finishing actions that much than at Arsenal last year where he had a lot of goals and very few assists.)

I still think he was expensive in the last year of contract but Mancini wanted to change the tactics and if payed off as the things stand now.

He's 2nd in the league with assists 6, Silva is top with 7.

He's fucking quality.

Im honestly shocked how many assists he has. He has done better than I expected. But it seems some people here who hasn’t watched him that much and only seen highlights expected a creative genius, which he is not. At the same time if you actually talk about his flaws, you will get called bitter. Its little bit like when I talk about how awesome Adam Johnson is for City and my mate tells me how he disappears from games and can be inconsistent. But I only watch City when they play big games so I don’t watch their players that much.

Nasri as you said had 3 great months for us rest of the time he was decent. People also forget that Wenger didn’t fully trsut him in the middle and said he preferred Cesc and Ramsey there. Last season he played in the middle when Cesc was out and Ramsey was still recovering. Whats interesting is that when Ramsey got his match fitness, wenger shifted Nasri to the wing. Wenger wanted absolutely to keep him. But he wasn’t gonna give nasri the playmaker position.

For me Nasris problems are simple. He has world class attribute as a footballer, but lack the mental strength and self belief to be among the best. He should be much better than he actually is with his talent…that’s the frustrating part. So when Arsenal fans slag him off, people think its his talent we are talking about….far from it.

He was OK yesterday. Nothing spectacular.

But people need to rememeber that he was one of the 3 top players at Arsenal alongside Fab and Persie.

Here, he might not even be in the top 5. He will do better with time. When he adapts to the system.

MCC said:
He`s doing just fine so far. I think that there is more to come from him. Give him time to settle into a new club and new teammates and he will get even better.

We`ve never had it so good.
Agreed. He's settling in nicely, and I think he will come on even more as some of our football is akin to what Arsenal have been doing for years (apart from all the goals - oh, and a trophy).

Arsenal offered him £115k a week.

United offered him £125k a week.

We offered him only slightly more, up to £150k based on win bonus and targets.

Ignore what the disgruntled would like you to believe.

For the record, I keep waiting for Nasri to take the game by the scruff of the neck. He reminds me of a Chinese meal at present, still left wanting more.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.