Nasri

Re: 20m for Nasri

MSP said:
I love when people want some Chelsea player and talk about him "in".

It's happening all the time, players moving from Chelsea in their prime is sooo usual thing. Lol
Sounds more like the Gooners to me.

Re: 20m for Nasri

Akira said:
MSP said:
I love when people want some Chelsea player and talk about him "in".

It's happening all the time, players moving from Chelsea in their prime is sooo usual thing. Lol
Sounds more like the Gooners to me.

Of course but that's the reason why I can't understand people even thinking about Ramires or some other Chelsea regular and let alone suggesting something about it.

There's nothing City (and pretty much anyone else) can offer to Chelsea player that he can't have there and Abramovich might sack manager each month but their players stay there for years if they are good.

Looks like there might be genuine interest from PSG though it's strange he talks about it in such open way during the season, these are Leonardo's words:

'The idea of seeing the great French players here is something I like,' he said.

'I'm not necessarily talking about Benzema, but maybe (Samir) Nasri, (Franck) Ribery or (Yohan) Cabaye.

'But I do not know if it is feasible and I have not had contact with any of them.'

Play it right and we could make PSG pay up big for a player with such inconsistency & low contribution.

It's a crying shame really because I think we can all see that he is very talented and occasionally does show glimpses of what he can do in tandem with Silva or without, but I think we've seen enough to now know that we can't get the best out of him on a regular basis.

mancunial said:
Why is their is only me who thinks nasri is a class act?

As per the above, how would you describe that?

He has talent, a lot of it, and he has class.

Problem is he just does not translate that consistently to game situations, and as a result we rely far too much on the one creative outlet in Silva and when he's not there we generally lack spark and imagination.

He's taking up a very important role in the squad as secondary playmaker and he needs to be able to delivery reliably and justify his position and pay packet. Instead, he's resembling a talented but inconsistent 19-20 year old trying to find his feet in the top league who fades in and out of games. A club with very high ambitions like ours simply can't afford to carry a player of his level of contribution in his role, imo.

We all know Mancini is frustrated with him, just like most of us are. If he can somehow lift his game, then I'd like to see him as a City player for many years to come.

I backed Nasri at the start of this season, against people grumbling about various alternatives we could have signed. I figured he has the talent & the experience of playing Premier League, plus decent workrate when we lose the ball, & of course, he was a Premier League Champion.

After having a season to bed in, I figured he had everything going for him to succeed, & would this season take the weight off Silva plus add more goals.

What we got was mediocrity.

I won't object to him staying but I don't trust him at all now & don't expect an improvement next season.

Imo, if we can sign two new attacking mids, then dump him. If we can only get one, then keep him.

mancunial said:
Why is their is only me who thinks nasri is a class act?

No idea why on earth you think this - probably answers your question......

I cant think of a single redeeming feature that Nasri has - and I thought that before we wasted money on him.<br /><br />-- Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:06 am --<br /><br />THE only reason Nasri is performing a little better now is that his agent has told him he's in the shop window.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.