Nasri's surprising stats vs Silva

bluethunder said:
i think we all know why nasri has a higher pass completion rate. nasri tends to play it safely, he tends to pass the sideways or backwards. he needs to take more risks and show more courage.

Again, that is true but surely we need a balance? If Nasri shows more courage and takes more risks then it will mean Silva will not be the one doing so and obviously Silva is better at creating chances...

When Nasri is at his best he's arguably a better player. We've only seen that 2 or 3 times though for City unfortunately. Dribbling, passing, finishing, he's got it all. Hopefully Pellegrini can bring it out on a regular basis and Samir himself can get his head right for the season ahead. Persistent migraines played a part in some of his performances apparently last season.

When he's not playing with confidence he's not the same player.

Didsbury Dave said:
Your ridiculous stats Make no differentiation between a defence-splitting, chance-creating pass and a stupid, negative, move-destroying backwards pass. That's why they don't show the yawning gulf in class and effectiveness between silva and Nasri .

You're going to eat this post in 12 months mate. :)

Good OP. It's too easy to slate Sami. New season clean slate is what is in order. I expect him to flourish.

Not ANOTHER thread advertising your videos, Jheeeez.
But i agree, i hope Nasri stays and think he'll do well this year, especially if played through the middle.

Saif1994 said:
bluethunder said:
i think we all know why nasri has a higher pass completion rate. nasri tends to play it safely, he tends to pass the sideways or backwards. he needs to take more risks and show more courage.

Again, that is true but surely we need a balance? If Nasri shows more courage and takes more risks then it will mean Silva will not be the one doing so and obviously Silva is better at creating chances...
Waste of an attacking option IMO
Cm/Dm is where it should be played simple, our attacking players should be bombarding defences with cutting passes. Much simpler to defend against if we know everything goes through Silva.

blinkblue said:
When Nasri is at his best he's arguably a better player. We've only seen that 2 or 3 times though for City unfortunately. Dribbling, passing, finishing, he's got it all. Hopefully Pellegrini can bring it out on a regular basis and Samir himself can get his head right for the season ahead. Persistent migraines played a part in the of his performances apparently last season.

When he's not playing with confidence he's not the same player.

Well said. I really hope Pellegrini can bring the best out of him. Also the thing about confidence is very important. Dzeko and Nasri are 2 players who's football suffered under criticism from fans and the manager.<br /><br />-- Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:31 pm --<br /><br />
Mrmcfc said:
Saif1994 said:
bluethunder said:

Waste of an attacking option IMO
Cm/Dm is where it should be played simple, our attacking players should be bombarding defences with cutting passes. Much simpler to defend against if we know everything goes through Silva.

Good point. That is also perhaps why a lot of our attacks stagnated last season and we couldn't create enough chances to the point where Tevez was always deep and our other forwards were also dropping deep.

MCFC BOB said:
bluealf said:
MCFC BOB said:
No you're not, you're just advertising your YouTube channel (again).

And the fact that you're comparing Nasri to Xavi and Pirlo is hilarious and incredibly generous to Nasri.

How many music videos have you posted on this site ?

Leave the lad alone, if you don't like his videos don't open the link, it isn't really rocket science is it.
It's not about that.

If he came on here and said "Hi, I make compilation videos of City players - was wondering if it was okay to advertise them?" then that would be fine, but he's marketing them by making controversial points, which is essentially wumming.

Advertise/Marketing do you make money or get special rewards for people looking at your vids on youtube ?

I really had no idea that was the case.

He said they are not his vids anyways, just take it at face value that he is telling the truth, I mean what difference does it make anyway ? They are videos about players from our club, they aren't badly made.

Putting vids of City players on a site full of City fans is now wumming, times change fast around here.

Saif1994 said:
That is actually very close to the truth except he also cuts inside and plays one twos with Yaya, Silva or Kun. But do you think that it is sometimes necessary to do this? In my opinion it helps to unorganise the defense by giving the temptation to try and win the ball back.

Thank you bluealf :-)
He doesn't play 'one-twos'. He plays 'ones'. He gives it to someone with a simple pass and runs into a marked area so it's impossible to receive the 'two'. And there the move breaks down and the ball goes back to the holding mids or centre halves.

I can't rate Nasri highly enough, stick him in the centre and he will score and assist more than Silva.

Now, I am not saying he is a better player just that he is more "efficient"?

If we are going to win games and cups this year we need more goals out of midfield and Nasri can provide 10-15 himself if he is given the chance.

Saif1994 said:
bluethunder said:

in our 4-2-2-2 , our two holding midfielders gave nasri and silva the license to create chances for the forwards.

given that we have two right wingers this season, i don't even expect nasri and silva to play together too often. they will be competing for the same position this year. it will be very difficult for him to get into the first team. i reckon he will be sold in january or next summer. there's some reports that the club is trying to get rid of him this window.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.