Nasri's surprising stats vs Silva

Saif1994 said:
Hello everyone,

Some of the statistics from last season were quite surprising to me. In particular, these pass completion stats from the premier league:

David Silva Pass Completion was 85.4%

Samir Nasri Pass Completion was 90.8%

Now, it must be pointed out that Silva made about 12 more passes per game, however it also shows just how valuable Nasri is to our team. We were very quick to write Nasri off, even though he is still 26 years old, simply to make way for Isco. (By the way, I've seen Isco play for Real Madrid and he's a quality player offensively in terms of creativity, dribbling and passing, but he simply does not provide enough defensively and can lose the ball quite easily. He's only 20 so its understandable.)

It could also have something to do with Nasri's more cautious approach. This is of course a good thing as Silva is the man to take risks and try out difficult passes and dribbles whereas Nasri will be relied on to hold up the ball and pass the ball around safely. Every team needs this balance just like with Iniesta & Xavi, Schweinsteigger & Kroos etc.

Nasri also provided 7 assists and scored a couple of important goals. Silva did 1 better in terms of assists, and scored 2 more goals. Arguably both of them had rather poor seasons and we can only hope they will improve this year under a new system and style.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41XBcSn4Rfs[/youtube]

Either way, I'm just making a point that we are undervaluing Nasri even though his stats were very much comparable to Silva's. Just as we were undervaluing Dzeko (not anymore I think). I'm not sure where this player preference or rejection stems from but I think everyone is susceptible to doing this. Perhaps its because of the media or that we are taking a player's reputation or achievements with the national team into account. Both players can improve next season, but they are a lot closer in terms of ability than many people think. The burden on these two players is especially higher now that Tevez has left although we add a new dimension with Navas and Jovetic.

Ignore the snide remarks, keep up the good work!

At least you add value to the forum

bluethunder said:
Saif1994 said:
bluethunder said:
i think we all know why nasri has a higher pass completion rate. nasri tends to play it safely, he tends to pass the sideways or backwards. he needs to take more risks and show more courage.

Again, that is true but surely we need a balance? If Nasri shows more courage and takes more risks then it will mean Silva will not be the one doing so and obviously Silva is better at creating chances...

in our 4-2-2-2 , our two holding midfielders gave nasri and silva the license to create chances for the forwards.

given that we have two right wingers this season, i don't even expect nasri and silva to play together too often. they will be competing for the same position this year.
I can't see Nasri getting much game time at all. If we play the 4222, and it looks likely, then silva and navas will be in the wide roles. That's assuming navas is as good as he looks (and silva stays fit)

Kun Aguero said:
Stat's are like chocolate teapots, fucking useless. If you base everything on stats then you spend 20 million on Stuart fucking Downing. If you watch the game either on tv or at The Etihad then you would see Nasri's a talented bottler and Silva's world class. I wish we got Mata for the Silva money.

Bloody hell Gordon, think about it, think about it again and realise its OK to support Nasri.

He is a classy player and part of the best squad in the league and all the world.

Didsbury Dave said:
bluethunder said:
Saif1994 said:
Again, that is true but surely we need a balance? If Nasri shows more courage and takes more risks then it will mean Silva will not be the one doing so and obviously Silva is better at creating chances...

in our 4-2-2-2 , our two holding midfielders gave nasri and silva the license to create chances for the forwards.

given that we have two right wingers this season, i don't even expect nasri and silva to play together too often. they will be competing for the same position this year.
I can't see Nasri getting much game time at all. If we play the 4222, and it looks likely, then silva and navas will be in the wide roles. That's assuming navas is as good as he looks (and silva stays fit)

navas will play on the right. he's going to terrorize the life out of fullbacks this season.

nasri and milner will be on the bench a lot, i reckon.

No idea why people keep bollocking this guy. He creates decent talking points and poses a few questions worth thinking about and actually provides detailed reasoning behind what he says. I also love watching any kind of City videos so keep it up OP.

As for Nasri, I'm expecting to see a better Nasri this season, something similar to what he was at Arsenal, a player willing to run at defenders and take them on with some nice interchanges with the other attacking players. I think he'll have to perform to get a sniff anyway this season with the options we have. Always got the impression he was instructed by Mancini not to dribble it and instead just keep possession, hopefully pellegrini gives him the confidence he's probably lacking and we see some of the old Nasri at City finally.

bluealf said:
MCFC BOB said:
bluealf said:
How many music videos have you posted on this site ?

Leave the lad alone, if you don't like his videos don't open the link, it isn't really rocket science is it.
It's not about that.

If he came on here and said "Hi, I make compilation videos of City players - was wondering if it was okay to advertise them?" then that would be fine, but he's marketing them by making controversial points, which is essentially wumming.

Advertise/Marketing do you make money or get special rewards for people looking at your vids on youtube ?

I really had no idea that was the case.

He said they are not his vids anyways, just take it at face value that he is telling the truth, I mean what difference does it make anyway ? They are videos about players from our club, they aren't badly made.

Putting vids of City players on a site full of City fans is now wumming, times change fast around here.
You do get paid if your videos consistently earn above a number of viewers.

If they aren't his videos he's promoting his friend's account.

It's not posting videos that's wumming - stop putting words into my mouth. The Tevez video was in a thread named "How will we ever replace this legend?" which is straight away aiming for controversy and therefore video views. This thread has taken an unpopular member of the squad and made him look better than one of the most popular players we've ever had at the club based on one stat, therefore baiting for controversy and video views.

As for the OP's original topic, I am hoping Nasri will finally step up to the mark and show that he can compete for a place in this team.

The same goes for Dzeko who I have a feeling will definitely flourish under the new manager, all the way through preseason all we got to read was both these players would be sold asap but that was blatantly untrue and they remain in Pellegrini's plans .

Silva needs to step up on last seasons form also imo, he seemed off the boil after the Euro's before sparking to life for a bit around xmas time.

In our title season he was the main provider and our lack of goals last year proved very costly in the end.

bluethunder said:
i think we all know why nasri has a higher pass completion rate. nasri tends to play it safely, he tends to pass the sideways or backwards. he needs to take more risks and show more courage.
Like not ducking out on free kicks!

MCFC BOB said:
bluealf said:
MCFC BOB said:
It's not about that.

If he came on here and said "Hi, I make compilation videos of City players - was wondering if it was okay to advertise them?" then that would be fine, but he's marketing them by making controversial points, which is essentially wumming.

Advertise/Marketing do you make money or get special rewards for people looking at your vids on youtube ?

He said they are not his vids anyways, just take it at face value that he is telling the truth, I mean what difference does it make anyway ? They are videos about players from our club, they aren't badly made.

Putting vids of City players on a site full of City fans is now wumming, times change fast around here.

It's not posting videos that's wumming - stop putting words into my mouth. The Tevez video was in a thread named "How will we ever replace this legend?" which is straight away aiming for controversy and therefore video views. This thread has taken an unpopular member of the squad and made him look better than one of the most popular players we've ever had at the club based on one stat, therefore baiting for controversy and video views.

So what?
20k+ posts! are all of them moaning?
Don't like a topic?... You know the rest.

Leave the lad alone.
He's doing no harm.

MCFC BOB said:
bluealf said:
MCFC BOB said:
It's not about that.

1) They aren't my videos or my friend's. I am a subscriber of the channel on Youtube.
2) The Tevez title was not meant to cause any controversy. I watched the video and saw the amazing goals he scored for us and wondered how he would be replaced. I didn't call him a legend to cause controversy. I went back and changed it because no one was discussing the actual topic, just like what you did here.

Please leave this thread if you don't like what I'm posting or if you are going to constantly make stuff up for no reason.<br /><br />-- Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:49 pm --<br /><br />
bluealf said:
As for the OP's original topic, I am hoping Nasri will finally step up to the mark and show that he can compete for a place in this team.

The same goes for Dzeko who I have a feeling will definitely flourish under the new manager, all the way through preseason all we got to read was both these players would be sold asap but that was blatantly untrue and they remain in Pellegrini's plans .

Silva needs to step up on last seasons form also imo, he seemed off the boil after the Euro's before sparking to life for a bit around xmas time.

In our title season he was the main provider and our lack of goals last year proved very costly in the end.

Exactly! Dzeko as well. I reckon Silva was just burnt out as you said. I think he's well rested now and was looking lively against Milan. Now I come to think of it, we may well have won the Audi Cup if Silva was fit and ready.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.