Nastasić

nicholasjackson said:
ANY1aBLUE said:
MrOblivious said:
What did everyone make of him tonight? Just been discussing this with a couple of friends and considering his debut was against Real Madrid, I thought he was pretty solid.

Got stuck in with some important tackles, his vision was good under pressure and he didn't baulk against players like Di Maria and Ronaldo.

He still obviously has a lot to learn as he's only 19, but he looks to be a damn good acquisition.

He's immediately an improvement on Lescott, thats for sure. Looks to have natural ability, confidence and awareness/positional sense - things sadly lacking a bit in Lescott.......................

i thought he played well but too many people on here are turning back on lescott despite his part in past 3 years success

Agree that far too many people are being critical of Lescott. Yes, he's a bit ungainly at times, but he isn't bad on the ball at all - very rarely hoofs it, just tends to play very simple balls. Probably gives it away less than Kompany, who tries more ambitious forward balls.

And though not the quickest, he's not a carthorse either.

Defensively, he's been an absolute rock for the past 2 seasons. Apart from the Cisse goal, I don't remember him making any notable mistakes at all last season - which is really the crucial factor for a centre half. Might he be exposed by a Ronaldo or Messi - of course, as every other defender on the planet might be. Is Nasti better suited than him to deal with mobile strikers - perhaps. But I'd still trust him to perform in any game, in any competition, and think we should still be looking to restore the Hart-Kompany-Lescott basis for the vast majority of games, and ease Nasti (who looks very, very promising) in more gradually. After giving him his debut at the Bernabeu, I suspect RM perhaps sees it differently, however!

geoffchall said:
Yep - liked him a lot. And praise be - he isn't Savic! We love Joleon but of late (for us and England) he has been making his traditional 1 or 2 errors per game and that wasn't what you want in a game like this when small errors are brutally punished.

How many errors did Nasti make last night. I can remember 3 off the top of my head and fortunately only 1 was "brutally punished".

Vinnie made a lot more last night and has been all season but we don't want him out....do we? Lescott is a proven prem player and hopefully Nasti will be too. I thought he started well but making out he didn't make mistakes,just as others are is crazy.

What a way to make a debut - Real Madrid away :) Glad for him, good debut and he looked very composed and older than he is. He will improve with every game.
Matija Nastasic has revealed that he has adapted to life at Manchester City well following his big money deadline day move.

The Serbian central-defender sealed a £12m move to the Etihad Stadium from Serie A giants Fiorentina and has already made a successful transition to the Premier League.

Nastasic insists he has settled into life in England thanks to help from some of his City team-mates, including Aleksandar Kolarov and Edin Dzeko.

"I am very happy that I have immediately found some great friends here," the 19-year-old told Sportske.

"Kolarov is a man of great authority at this club and his words are well respected. He immediately gave me some great advice when I arrived at the club.

"There is also Edin, with whom I get along really great.

"It really helps that I can speak Italian because I don't have any problems in communication with manager Roberto Mancini and striker Mario Balotelli.

"It's so much nicer to be at a club where you don't feel like a stranger. I immediately found a new home at City."

We all have the benefit of hindsight now but what if he had cocked up big time? Was it a fair risk to take with a 19-year old's career? Just asking so hold off on the abuse, please.

Bluemooner33 said:
BosnianDiamond said:
He did well, but we need Lescott back!

For Kompany the way he's playing at the moment

I really don't see why we should be critical of Kompany. The midfield failed to stop Madrid too often last night leaving the heart of our defence exposed. For the most part I thought Kompany did well under extreme and constant presure.

As for Madrid's 3rd goal this wasn't Kompany's fault. He doesn't duck under the ball he avoids glancing it. The shot was struck powerfully by Ronaldo but was going to his, Kompany's, right. He doesn't have the time to get in front of it (try watching it a normal speed!). It's an awful dilema for a defender, do you try and intervene but risk deflecting it into your net? Kompany in a split second instinctively decides against touching it, and I believe it was the right thing to do; he was just unlucky the Hart was beaten by the dip of the ball.

As for Nastasic I thought is defending was great and his distribution was outstanding! What a signing!!!

anyone else think he looks a bit like this chap (except for the hair)

header.png

sir baconface said:
We all have the benefit of hindsight now but what if he had cocked up big time? Was it a fair risk to take with a 19-year old's career? Just asking so hold off on the abuse, please.

Yes, it was basically Mancinis way of saying I have put my trust in you so go out and prove me right. I bet he felt 20 foot tall walking out at the bernebau.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.