Nastasić

sam-caddick said:
Mancio said:
sam-caddick said:
Haha.

Lescott will play on Sunday because he was dropped against Real, you cannot drop a defender like Lescott for two games straight, especially when your playing two great sides.

Nastasic won't debut against Real Madrid and then go and debut against Arsenal in the Premier League, talk about mental suicide on the player. He has proven he is good enough, but we need Premier League proven defensive players against Arsenal on Sunday, big big game.

we dont need "proven PL players" , hughes need them.

we need to play the best players , particularly when we play "big big games"

thats why nastasic will play vs arsenal , IMO.

lescott will come good during season , when we'll have to play the long ball merchants

Nastasic has proved he is up to it but I would throw in him against Villa first in the League cup next week.

Lescott has made less mistakes than Kompany this season in my opinion and he has played Arsenal numerous times. This game is so important and I personally don't think we can afford to throw another newby in, this game is huge.

We need to keep it simple, Kompany knows Lescott and vice versa - it is a great partenrship and now is not the time against a top side to be messing around with that pairing.

It's not a bigger game than away to Real fucking Madrid at the Bernabeu!

If he can play really well against arguably the best side in the world, he should definitely play against the arse.. it's not like they play hoofball.

BlueGun said:
sam-caddick said:
Mancio said:
we dont need "proven PL players" , hughes need them.

we need to play the best players , particularly when we play "big big games"

thats why nastasic will play vs arsenal , IMO.

lescott will come good during season , when we'll have to play the long ball merchants

Nastasic has proved he is up to it but I would throw in him against Villa first in the League cup next week.

Lescott has made less mistakes than Kompany this season in my opinion and he has played Arsenal numerous times. This game is so important and I personally don't think we can afford to throw another newby in, this game is huge.

We need to keep it simple, Kompany knows Lescott and vice versa - it is a great partenrship and now is not the time against a top side to be messing around with that pairing.

Noway is it a bigger game than away to Real fucking Madrid at the Bernabeu!

Retaining the league is priority.

Nasti will be better than Lescott in a few years, when/if Lescotts body gives way.

At the moment, Lescott if not the weak link.

The Future's Blue said:
Nasti will be better than Lescott in a few years, when/if Lescotts body gives way.

At the moment, Lescott if not the weak link.
From what I saw of Nasty against Real, he should have Lescott on the bench permanently for all the big games by December.

Lescott will be used against Hoof it teams, and Nasty against the better teams who play football. I expect Lescott to start against Arsenal, but that is simply coz Mancini has to pace the blending of Nasty. But he simply looks a far more talented footballer than Lescott can muster.

I hope Rodwell and Sinclair get starts against Arsenal. The player I feel sorry for is Milner. I frankly can't see a scenario barring major injuries, where he starts on merit. I simply don't see it.

If Nasty plays the way he did against Madrid in every game he plays. Lescott will be benched permanently by christmas. We have to give lescott a chance to reply to Nasty's fantastic start.

Martyn said:
If Nasty plays the way he did against Madrid in every game he plays. Lescott will be benched permanently by christmas. We have to give lescott a chance to reply to Nasty's fantastic start.

Lescott has no reply for what Nastasic can offer. He will always be a superb tough as nails Premier League brute defender, but he's 30 now. He can't add to his game what Mancini wants from Nastasic - To be very composed on the ball to enhance our ability to play it out from the back.

We do need to calm down a bit though. Lescott has been around the block, he's experienced, he can move on from mistakes. Nastasic is young, unproven in the league with high expectations.. How will he respond if he does a Savic? Claims about him benching Lescott by December are a little premature.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.