Nastasić

Re: Nastasić and Maicon

Mike D said:
reedy said:
I thought Nastasic had a v. good debut, but i'm not happy about Maicon. He's got no mobility or pace and granted nothing really got past him at Stoke he was woefully exposed against Ronaldo and i worry how he will cope against any pace. Surely we could have bought better if indeed we needed to buy anyone !!

Bobby likes an experience heads and Maicon gives us that at the back. Once Richards is back I can't see him being first choice but an option to come off the bench as a wing back.
Richards never started Champions League games when he was fit and in form.

Andouble said:
Mike D said:
reedy said:
I thought Nastasic had a v. good debut, but i'm not happy about Maicon. He's got no mobility or pace and granted nothing really got past him at Stoke he was woefully exposed against Ronaldo and i worry how he will cope against any pace. Surely we could have bought better if indeed we needed to buy anyone !!

Bobby likes an experience heads and Maicon gives us that at the back. Once Richards is back I can't see him being first choice but an option to come off the bench as a wing back.
I think Bobby has learnt because he started Clichy. I really feared he would go with Zaba and Kolarov.

Back to Nastasic. I think he did very well for his very first game for us. Looked composed on the ball and tried where possible to play it rather than hoofing it. Was unlucky with the Benzema goal but Benzema is class and only needs a second to score.

I think if you have a debut against Real Madrid and afterwards you can't remember Nastasic, then the odds are he had a fantastic game.

Nothing more to say really.

Great first game against one of the best teams in the world, looks like a real good buy from that first impression. If he can continue that way I can see him taking over from lescott as first choice LCB, not immediately as he is only 19 but long term he should be a real force.

As for the Maicon thing, I never expected him to do well against Ronaldo and in fact I could see him dominating any of our RBs without support from someone like Milner to double up on him. The Fact Maicon was usually up against him alone meant he didn't really stand a chance.

Aphex said:
I think if you have a debut against Real Madrid and afterwards you can't remember Nastasic, then the odds are he had a fantastic game.

Nothing more to say really.

This.

For his age to have a debut at not only his new club but in the Champions League itself against Real Madrid, he did a very good job.

In a few years this lad can be as solid as a rock and I hope he has a bright futre at City, he will take over Lescott in a few seasons as he is in his thirties now but you never know, if Nastasic puts in some top class performances, we might see him sooner than expected.

After his positive showing against Madrid, do you think he will start his next game in the PL?

Andouble said:
Mike D said:
reedy said:

He started in our toughest game, Munich away. Should have had a penalty as well when he was barged over by Boateng

Wait until him and Kompany get used to partnering each other on a regular basis, now that will be a force to be reckond with!

Btw, I fucking hope we get through this Champions League group. Bring on the knockouts!

sam-caddick said:
cccc said:
After his positive showing against Madrid, do you think he will start his next game in the PL?

He will play against Villa next week in the League cup if you ask me mate.

Why should'nt he play vs arsenal ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.