Nastasic

SrilankanBlue said:
Plaything of the gods said:
I'd like to see the stats on how many fouls he commits and how many of them are unnecessary. Today he gave them their second goal.

this, Ive noticed quite a few tbh
He fouls because he is so slow and has no pace to run an attacker dowm. He cannot tackle or head the ball. If an opponent tries to slip by him he drags or trips them down .Its pathetic to watch really. He has some qualities but defending isn't one of them... Attackers need only to stand on his shoulder and move -he'll block or foul them every time.<br /><br />-- Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:12 pm --<br /><br />
SrilankanBlue said:
I'd like to see the stats on how many fouls he commits and how many of them are unnecessary. Today he gave them their second goal.

He fouls because he is so slow and has no pace to run an attacker dowm. He cannot tackle or head the ball. If an opponent tries to slip by him he drags or trips them down .Its pathetic to watch really. He has some qualities but defending isn't one of them... Attackers need only to stand on his shoulder and move -he'll block or foul them every time.

He's pretty rank in the opposition box from corners and has offered no threat to date. He's young etc etc but does seem to lack a bit of pace, he actually makes me feel nervous as I get the impression he's always likely to concede a penalty or get a couple of bookings, even although obviously its not happened yet.

It's his first truly awful performance I think, so he deserves a little slack considering his age. But yes, Pellegrini wanted a strong experienced defender for a reason as Nastasic is far off his prime and will be learning for a long time yet. Demichelis will probably push him more than Lescott.

People that keep talking about his pace, who would you put in there instead of him? If you think he is slow lescott is 5x slower.

Think Lescot and Kompany have a better understanding also nasty is still young he needs dropping now again

worst performance for us by a distance, which is a shame, lots of unnecessary hate for him as by and large he's been excellent for us.

Lescott is not a better option, would be a good time for Demichelis to make a return.

Accept the need for another top class CB but there were more fundamental things wrong today.

SrilankanBlue said:

it wasn't even a bleeding foul!!!!!!!

Aaaaargh

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.