Nastasic

nellyonthewing said:
Mr HJ said:
I presume I am not the only one worried about the development of Nastasic. In recent games he is beginning to look a little out of his depth - a bit like Savic which is worrying. Against West Ham he seemed to find himself in the wrong position many times and as a result had to commit silly fouls. I really liked the look of this guy when we signed him but I do worry he will fall between the cracks if he is not careful. I can forgive many things but giving away cheap free kicks which puts the team under pressure is an illustration that you are struggling. Let's hope it is just a blip as he does have potential. Not bad if these sorts of issues are all we have to complain about. It is shaping up to be an unbelievable season, special mention for our away support last night - brilliant as always.

The narrative script is to say he is 'young' and that he is one for the future. In my view he's going rapidly backwards. He is slow ,he is weak in the tackle,he is poor in the air,he grabs opponents when he gets turned giving away free kicks and oozes low confidence..
At one point Richards looked a world beater alongside VK now you wouldn't put him there.
In the same way Nasty fails to look like a central partner for VK.
I had hoped he lived up to the hype but now something needs to change quickly.
You're being remarkably dramatic. He's done abnormally well and played a huge number of games for someone his age. Recently he's not looked as solid, sure, but he has so much time to learn and develop. Every single young player has ups and downs, it's just the nature of football.

It might not be a bad thing that he's dropped out of the limelight a little this season, he should come back stronger, better, smarter and with a greater understanding of a different style of defending to what he's been used to so far.

Take the negative view if you wish, but it's an extremely pessimistic outlook.

Lancet Fluke said:.........I didn't think Nastasic played well last night but considering he's had such a stop start season, I think he's looked ok by and large. For me he's always given away silly and unnecessary freekicks, it's nothing new for him and something I assume he will sort out as he matures.

I agree. Sort it out Nasty....

Bluep*ss said:
Lancet Fluke said:.........I didn't think Nastasic played well last night but considering he's had such a stop start season, I think he's looked ok by and large. For me he's always given away silly and unnecessary freekicks, it's nothing new for him and something I assume he will sort out as he matures.

I agree. Sort it out Nasty....
Good thing is time is on his side, and with a run in the team again I think he will do well again, I still think he has a lot of potential.

He is very young, yeah he was lot better, lot more confident last season, but 20-21 years old thats nothing for a CB.

Pellegrini wanted Pepe for a reason than opted for lot cheaper Demichelis, and he is playing more often than not so probably Pellegrini thinks for his system he is better.

Damanino said:
He is very young, yeah he was lot better, lot more confident last season, but 20-21 years old thats nothing for a CB.

Pellegrini wanted Pepe for a reason than opted for lot cheaper Demichelis, and he is playing more often than not so probably Pellegrini thinks for his system he is better.
I think the way we're playing under Pellegrini requires from our centre-backs either great physicality or great experience. They are left far more exposed these days than during recent seasons under Mancini when the team was overall more concerned about getting back into shape and defending properly.

Nastasic is still pretty inexperienced and doesn't have outstanding physical attributes, so he's going to get caught out and make mistakes. It will be a great learning experience for him though, providing he's tough enough (i think he is) not to let his confidence be dented by it. When you add in the disruption and no settled partnerships in defence, i think his drop off in form is totally understandable.

This season even one of the best centre-backs in the World, Kompany, has been caught out and beaten relatively often. It's just something that's going to happen, and would to any defender, no matter how good.

I'm really surprised by the negativity on this thread. He makes far fewer mistakes and is more solid IMO than MDM who most City fans seem to be jizzing their pants over. Mdm was arguably at fault for both goals on Saturday he also twice (as far as I remember) did a couple of his ludicrous dive ins near the half way line that left us badly exposed and outnumbered at the back yet in the Cardiff post match thread people were saying how well he's played. Last night nastasic looked a bit out of sorts, we kept a clean sheet and some people are talking like he's Titus bramble.

He would be the first to admit his form has dropped off but two long lay offs never help.

Its a rare beast that comes back from an extended period on the sidelines bigger bolder and wiser no matter their level of performance prior and Nasty is no exception.

Happy to have him but I would expect us to bring in a cb during the summer that would be an automatic starter a head for Nasty next season.

We really need two class CB's and we have one but always suspect to injury.

1606982_680785925315722_1831648315_n.png

Popular with the women.

Lancet Fluke said:
I'm really surprised by the negativity on this thread. He makes far fewer mistakes and is more solid IMO than MDM who most City fans seem to be jizzing their pants over. Mdm was arguably at fault for both goals on Saturday he also twice (as far as I remember) did a couple of his ludicrous dive ins near the half way line that left us badly exposed and outnumbered at the back yet in the Cardiff post match thread people were saying how well he's played. Last night nastasic looked a bit out of sorts, we kept a clean sheet and some people are talking like he's Titus bramble.
I agree.

He's had a stop-start-season this year and hasn't really had time to settle in the new system.

I personally do not rate Dimichelis, he's made more mistakes in four months than the younger Nastasić has in a year and a half. I hope Nasta can find consistency and get his place back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.