Nathan Ake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still think the plan is:

LCB: Laporte & Ake
RCB: Koulibaly & Garcia (or perhaps Tosin if Garcia goes?)

With THB hopefully getting time in cups and the odd run out.

Ake will compete for time at LB as well. All 4 will get plenty of minutes. We don't have backups in the squad, we rotate regularly and the season will be condensed as well which will provide more opportunity.

Yes, exactly this. I doubt we’ll pay 40m for a straight back-up. He’ll compete with Mendy too, which is perfect. I think it would have been hard to convince him otherwise.

Not many attacking teams would win games against:

Aké - Laporte - Koulibaly - Walker

That’s a back four worthy a Champions League title.

Agree with this expect for the Mendy part. I don't see Mendy as someone who can be trusted as first-choice. In terms of ability, or fitness.
There is a reason we are being linked with Alaba, Chilwell etc....

Agree with this expect for the Mendy part. I don't see Mendy as someone who can be trusted as first-choice. In terms of ability, or fitness.
There is a reason we are being linked with Alaba, Chilwell etc....

Yeah I’ve seen the links but I just can’t imagine throwing in Alaba, Telles, Tagliafico or Chilwell in this mix now. Defense would be too crowded.

Imagine Koulibaly and Laporte injury free for a whole season. No Aké in central defense more than a few games. Then imagine Mendy actually finding form plus adding a Chilwell to it. Chilwell and Mendy would compete until they both break, and then Aké would get the chance.

I can’t see this. Aké would never get game time if we signed another LB. I’m sure the plan is for Aké to cover both LB and leftsided central position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.