Nathan Ake

Status
Not open for further replies.

shevtheblue

According to several sources we are in for Ake, i don't get this one tbh. He's a decent enough player but we have Laporte and Stones as the younger two and Vinny & Ota as the experienced duo. Unless Pep see's something in him to play DM, i can't see this ever happening and it seems like his agent is doing the usual thing of pimping City's name out to get a new contract/offer from another team.

According to several sources we are in for Ake, i don't get this one tbh. He's a decent enough player but we have Laporte and Stones as the younger two and Vinny & Ota as the experienced duo. Unless Pep see's something in him to play DM, i can't see this ever happening and it seems like his agent is doing the usual thing of pimping City's name out to get a new contract/offer from another team.
I can see some reasoning Kompany is coming to the end this season and maybe one more, Otamendi could still bring in a fair fee if he isn't seen as long term. Ake can also play left back and is homegrown so could be seen as a Delph replacement too.
Not seen enough to say whether he's good enough or the best option out there Its not something I worry about much these days happy to leave it to Pep and Txiki, maybe seen as an alternative to De Ligt if we think we can get De Jong easier if we let Barcelona have a run at De Ligt.

Decent player, but would much rather promote Eric Garcia or give Sandler a chance. Ake would probably cost 35m+, and he would not improve the team at all

A decent young player. Fits Spurs' style of transfers, could see a Trippier-esque "rise" there.

Homegrown too, with age on his side, certainly wouldn't lose money in the long run but he's a jack of all trades player atm whereas we're best addressing specific needs with quality.

He is decent but not good enough for the level we are at and certainly not for the level we are aiming for. De Ligt and van Dijk remain the favoured pairing at international level, and Ake did nothing to suggest he'll replace either when he played against Belgium last week. We don't need more utility players but players who genuinely warrant a first-team place and who put direct pressure on the incumbent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.