Nathan Ake

Is he really? None of three others had a stellar last season IMO. Ake was our best defending asset for the last part it. He now involves himself in attack as well and is a sharp header. His midfield work is arguably weaker than the other guys but unlike Stones and Laporte he is showing strong signs of steadily improving as a footballer.
or you could say that Stones and Laporte are at their peak so are not improving but Ake hasn't reached their level yet.

It isn't about slagging Ake off, it was about somebody saying he was undervalued but he is still 4th choice.

I like the lad, he certainly improved in the latter half of last season when we needed it most but you will be hard pushed to come out top of an argument with the vast majority of fans that puts Ake in our top two of CB's.

I also don't disagree about the other three not having a stellar season last season, very up and down.

Much to play for this season.

if we had to sell one I would sell Laporte but no doubt that will open up another can of worms.

I am off for a pub lunch so will see the replies later lol

A fair comment but is he 4th best in your opinion or not?
I don’t have to answer that, and if I did it would depend on form and injuries. I thought he did really well for us second half of last season, and also like his flexibility (can play left back) and goal threat. I am glad we have kept him and prefer him to the rumoured replacement had he left (Torres)

After Chelsea's beating at the hands of a rampant Arsenal last night, Aké moving to the Chavs may not be over.

Not seen the match, but even Tuchel said they were terrible & the display was worrying. Their new owners will want instant success. The reported £50m we wanted for Aké might now seem cheap considering his commanding displays in pre-season.

Apparently Sterling was the best of their forwards, but from the midway point of the first half, he faded with the rest of the team.

Jesus was the star for Arsenal & Zinchenko played at LB & had a solid game. This will be game-time food for thought for Aké if the Chavs have a change of heart & return for him.

After Chelsea's beating at the hands of a rampant Arsenal last night, Aké moving to the Chavs may not be over.

Not seen the match, but even Tuchel said they were terrible & the display was worrying. Their new owners will want instant success. The reported £50m we wanted for Aké might now seem cheap considering his commanding displays in pre-season.

Apparently Sterling was the best of their forwards, but from the midway point of the first half, he faded with the rest of the team.

Jesus was the star for Arsenal & Zinchenko played at LB & had a solid game. This will be game-time food for thought for Aké if the Chavs have a change of heart & return for him.
Like I said yesterday anything over £50 mill and he’s gone

Wonder if this is true.. there is so many messages coming everywhere now with Chelsea so its hard to keep up.

Fabrizio Romano: Chelsea tried to sign Nathan Ake again this week after realizing Kounde was not coming. Manchester City would only let Ake go if they could hijack the Kounde deal. But they couldn't since the player had already had an agreement with Barcelona. So they blocked the Ake move.

It’s only fans who place members of the team as first choice, 4th choice etc. I can’t imagine Pep stating to Ake “ ..we are signing you as 4th choice”. Every place in the team is up for grabs.

It’s only fans who place members of the team as first choice, 4th choice etc. I can’t imagine Pep stating to Ake “ ..we are signing you as 4th choice”. Every place in the team is up for grabs.
Pep wouldn't say it but that doesn't change that he is 4th choice. If we had a big game that we needed to win then Ake wouldn't start.
If the day before the game one of the two centre halves who had been chosen to start got injured then Ake still wouldn't start.
Therefore he would be the 4th choice.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.