NATO, Get the F@#k Out...

BM has spoken then, NATO is great and nuclear weapons are brilliant and we have to them because Putin and they are pretty cheap for something that will never be used.

NATO nowadays though pretty much manages the risks caused by it being brought into existence. It should have been disbanded when the Berlin wall fell and the Warsaw pact disintegrated. A totally new organisation embracing both organisations dedicated to peace could have changed the world and negated the need for nuclear weapons. NATO though is now just a tool for capitalist imperialism and anyone against that will suffer the wrath of a world dominated by corporate interest, not working class interests.
Are you suggesting that working class interests are being defended in Russia?

BM has spoken then, NATO is great and nuclear weapons are brilliant and we have to them because Putin and they are pretty cheap for something that will never be used.

NATO nowadays though pretty much manages the risks caused by it being brought into existence. It should have been disbanded when the Berlin wall fell and the Warsaw pact disintegrated. A totally new organisation embracing both organisations dedicated to peace could have changed the world and negated the need for nuclear weapons. NATO though is now just a tool for capitalist imperialism and anyone against that will suffer the wrath of a world dominated by corporate interest, not working class interests.
You do realise that most of the former Warsaw Pact countries are in NATO which means your vision has almost been realised. Russia is the only outlier, and the main reason NATO needs to exist. There’s a reason why Russia invaded Georgia and Ukraine, and not Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia.

OK if we got rid of the weapons and left NATO

Give me one good reason why he would attack a small island that offers no benefit to Russia.

Talking in terms of the Fact that Putin seemingly wants to unify Europe. Why do you think the UK offers no benefit to Russia?

The UK location is of massive strategic importance if that is the goal. they could invade the UK and then have 2 launching points into France, Holland, Belgium, Ireland. as well as being able to control shipping to most of Northern Europe. as well as the launching point they currently have.

Last edited:
Give me one good reason why Putin and his ilk would use nuclear weapons on a small island with few natural resources, minimal armed forces and diminishing influence on the world.

Just one good reason
How does anyone know who or what Putin’s “ilk” will be in 10, 20, 30 years? We don’t know what we don’t know. Isn’t protecting against the sixth standard-deviation lunatic despot pretty important?

How does anyone know who or what Putin’s “ilk” will be in 10, 20, 30 years? We don’t know what we don’t know. Isn’t protecting against the sixth standard-deviation lunatic despot pretty important?
Is that really the best defence you have, "the what we dont know we dont know" defence.

Have you actually considered that it is the most ridiculous defence in history.

Is that really the best defence you have, "the what we dont know we dont know" defence.

Have you actually considered that it is the most ridiculous defence in history.
Do you, errrr, not carry insurance then?

It’s also not “my” defence. These questions are what I assume are logical ones based on your argument, which I’m trying to understand.

And you didn’t answer either question, which still stand.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.