Navas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blows hot and cold which is what most wingers in the prem do, utd have a squad full of them

Will do a good job, more productive than having to play silva and nasri out there

I've found him generally frustrating to watch. We don't seem to play the ball enough to him when he's in space or over for him to run on to and when he does get the ball he seems to lack confidence to take the defender(s) on and so takes the ball away from goal. Not saying he's no good, just that we don't seem to be playing to his strengths. In an open game, and with a tiring defence, he can work wonders.

Can't find anything wrong with him Cos he;s that bloody fast when he's got the ball, I think he's wearing rollerboots. :-)

Cuts inside more than I expected, which isn't great when one considers we've been lacking width for the last few seasons.

He'll be fine as long as he doesn't start to suffer with his homesickness.

Needs a start in a home game to get his confidence up, Norwich next week will do.

For me at the moment Negredo, Aguero, Silva and Nasri are the in form forward players so the rest will just have to get used to sitting on the bench until their standards start slipping.

Newcastle next week is a good time for the likes of Navas, Jovetic, Dzeko, Milner, Rodwell to get some game time and try and lay down a marker.

Navas was never expected to be in the top 11. He was simply brought to add to an alternative we were sorely missing. Key word: Alternative. That's all he is. When we play teams who just sit back, it helps having a wide player who's as good as Navas. To say he would be useful against Bayern where we wouldn't have all the possession is questionable.

So based on what I believe his role is at the club he is doing fine and can improve a bit

What Navas' signing has effectively done is create more space for Silva and Nasri.

The full backs for the opposition are now consistently dropping off Navas, they won't get close and they show him the outside but give themselves a 3 yard head start. Though this has made things quite difficult for Navas, teams who park the bus are now stretched across the width of the pitch. Previously we really struggled with this situation as teams narrowed their full backs, creating two solid banks for us to play through without us possessing any natural width.

Whether Navas individually looks as successful as we may have liked is not really an issue. He is creating space for the team and particularly Silva and Nasri who both look as though they can do huge damage consistently.

More importantly, he drags the full backs wide with him leaving the centre open. With Silva and Nasri, the play is narrow so the full backs can go inside and help the centre backs defend but with Navas, they have to run to the touchline and then are unable to aid the centre backs. His crossing is also very good. He needs to make more of those and let Negredo get on the end of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.