Navas

Status
Not open for further replies.
chesterbells said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Its all well and good moaning about Navas but we are not exactly playing to his strengths. When we did vs the rags he tore them to shreds

Yeah, but they are a mid table prem outfit; hardly Bayern

This is a fair one. We are far better than yoonited, as it showed and Bayern are the strongest club side in europe bar none at the moment in time. He will improve, I'm sure of that.

chicagoblues said:
Why so much hate ? He need some time to adapt and adjust .

So much hate because spoiled fans expect him to hold the speed trigger button and pull a million step overs and beat every defender and have loads of assists by now so early into the first new environment he's had in his career.

hallstreetblue said:
I think he needs time. He is frustrating at times though. He did my head in against Bayern, where I lost count of the times when we had posession in the middle of the park and he got on his toes waitin for a high ball over the top, rather than get involved in the build up. I hate that style of play and I'm sure pellegrini didnt tell him to play like that. This is probabley for another thread, but I'd have Jimmy ahead of him and I'd play Jimmy ahead of Kolarov and Clichy at left back and ahead of Nasri. Although I like Nasri, he can be annoying. Jimmy is class and proved this in the few minutes he played against Bayern. Top drawer the lad.

But that is exactly what a winger is brought in to do and all he needs is a regular supply and he will be all the midfield build-up that we need. He may not be the best at running past a full-back with the ball, but he'll skin them going for a ball over the top. I think that we've played without his type of player for so long that our midfield and defence need to re-learn the tactic. Our front-men would love them for it when the crosses come piling in and I'm talking about early crosses, not the ones supplied, eventually, by overlapping full-backs.

You're right about 'Jimmy', though. (except for preferring him on the right wing over Navas)

I've been disappointed with his output as said before but he really could use some early balls...not be the last man in a chain of slow passes to only receive the ball when tightly marked.

Spain know how to use him right...As an impact sub to magnify his pace and then through balls galore. For them, he hardly has to beat a man since they put him through often...just control the pass and cross.

Is and will be a useful player for us. No question about that.

A proper understanding with zabba or richards will really bring his game on, in time he will show his worth

not a flashy winger and doesnt have to be, will chalk up his fair share of assists by the end of the season and thats the most important thing

Blu KB said:
A proper understanding with zabba or richards will really bring his game on, in time he will show his worth

not a flashy winger and doesnt have to be, will chalk up his fair share of assists by the end of the season and thats the most important thing
I agree.

Zaba or Richards should not be overlapping him often as they have as that's the space Navas thrives in and will put in a better delivery than either of them.

Instead, if the fullbacks are going to bomb forward for an overload, they should go into midfield, leaving the flanks for Navas. Alaba, just to name one player, does this very well for Ribery.

Jumanji said:
Blu KB said:

I agree.

Zaba or Richards should not be overlapping him often as they have as that's the space Navas thrives in and will put in a better delivery than either of them.

Instead, if the fullbacks are going to bomb forward for an overload, they should go into midfield, leaving the flanks for Navas. Alaba, just to name one player, does this very well for Ribery.
This.

I don't think Zabs offered the overlap that often if at all yesterday but at the same time the pitch was probably the worst a player like Navas could play on.

He hasn't hit the heights that I expected/think he can achieve but he is still doing a good job for us.

Certainly giving us a genuine outlet ball and he is putting in a shift to come back and pressure to win the ball back.

He has never been a massively confident player, a brand new country/team/culture is something he needs to adapt to before we see the best of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.