Navas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't know much about him before we signed him, so I asked a few of my Spanish mates, who all pretty much summed him up as 'the Spanish Aaron Lennon'. I think that so far it's a pretty fair assessment.

without a dream said:
I thought he was poor when I was watching last night, on reflection though if Negredo hadn't have handled and if Dzeko had put one in he'd have had 2 assists.
Spot on,overall he was quite disappointing, but those two crosses should have been converted, so for my money he's making a decent contribution.

I think he needs time. He is frustrating at times though. He did my head in against Bayern, where I lost count of the times when we had posession in the middle of the park and he got on his toes waitin for a high ball over the top, rather than get involved in the build up. I hate that style of play and I'm sure pellegrini didnt tell him to play like that. This is probabley for another thread, but I'd have Jimmy ahead of him and I'd play Jimmy ahead of Kolarov and Clichy at left back and ahead of Nasri. Although I like Nasri, he can be annoying. Jimmy is class and proved this in the few minutes he played against Bayern. Top drawer the lad.

I think he gives the team a different option in terms of his speed and getting to the bye line. He keeps possession well and gets back and tackles covering a lot of ground. Playing against some teams may suit him better than others. Would like to see him against Cole if he plays on Sunday.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Its all well and good moaning about Navas but we are not exactly playing to his strengths. When we did vs the rags he tore them to shreds

Yeah, but they are a mid table prem outfit; hardly Bayern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.