NBC (USA) show EVERY premier league game live all season!

jackqueen said:
So basically NBC is going to run out Arlo White and a partner for what they consider the top match each day, but use the International feed for all the others.
It looks like it.

I don't know if this has been discussed in this thread, but if you have Dish Network, the "Premier League Extra Time" games are only available online via the <a class="postlink" href="http://www.dishanywhere.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dishanywhere.com</a> site. NOT on the overflow channels via your dish box.

Word from Dish at this time is that it was "short notice" and they "don't have the capacity" at the moment to meet the demand of putting them on a channel. Which is fucking horseshit as there are plenty of ALT channels available for them to use as overflow and we've known about this deal since last year...

Anyway, just thought I'd give everyone a heads-up if you wanted to watch anything other than that those shit teams in red, Chelsea or Spurs this weekend before we kick off Monday. I kind of wanted to watch Martinez's first game at Everton...but not if I have to watch it streaming. I'll go play golf instead...

thought I'd log in to test this on the Liverpool match and of course it's not available via their online site - only through a TV subscription & intermediate provider.. so much for the small print (and I'm buggered if I can find their Android download)

disappointing to say the least, but maybe the conventional (re)-streaming channels will have more feeds because of this?

MCFCinUSA said:
thought I'd log in to test this on the Liverpool match and of course it's not available via their online site - only through a TV subscription & intermediate provider

How could anyone have believed otherwise at this point?

Rocket Sauce said:
I don't know if this has been discussed in this thread, but if you have Dish Network, the "Premier League Extra Time" games are only available online via the <a class="postlink" href="http://www.dishanywhere.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dishanywhere.com</a> site. NOT on the overflow channels via your dish box.

Word from Dish at this time is that it was "short notice" and they "don't have the capacity" at the moment to meet the demand of putting them on a channel. Which is fucking horseshit as there are plenty of ALT channels available for them to use as overflow and we've known about this deal since last year...

Anyway, just thought I'd give everyone a heads-up if you wanted to watch anything other than that those shit teams in red, Chelsea or Spurs this weekend before we kick off Monday. I kind of wanted to watch Martinez's first game at Everton...but not if I have to watch it streaming. I'll go play golf instead...

I just went through the DISH Network channel guide, and from the looks of it, the game against Cardiff on Sunday, August 25th, is going to be displayed on Extra Time, which means it will NOT be televised. Only the second game of the season - and already we will not be able to watch it unless you stream it on your computer/iPad/phone. Huge letdown for me as I was able to watch every premier league game last season except I think one, and that was late into the season. DISH needs to get this together fast. I don't give a rat's ass who the announcers are or in which language I have to hear it in, I just want to be able to enjoy City play from the comfort of my home on my big screen TV - not my desktop computer from a suspect feed that freezes up every now and then. Plus, I really like to rewind parts of the game to really watch how a play has developed. Like I said before, I just want to watch City play every week, and the Extra Time being offered from Dish is a HUGE failure if they cannot provide additional TV channels for the customers.

As for the coverage from NBCSports - the viewing quality is excellent. I caught part of the Liverpool game, and I'm now watching the Arsenal game, and it really is a huge upgrade over the Fox Channel. The announcers are not overpowering the games, and the screen set-up is grade-A quality, there seems to be more camera angles available also. I'm really enjoying this. Can't wait until Monday's game and the overall upgrade in quality from NBC.

CaliBoy said:
Rocket Sauce said:

I just went through the DISH Network channel guide, and from the looks of it, the game against Cardiff on Sunday, August 25th, is going to be displayed on Extra Time, which means it will NOT be televised. Only the second game of the season - and already we will not be able to watch it unless you stream it on your computer/iPad/phone. Huge letdown for me as I was able to watch every premier league game last season except I think one, and that was late into the season. DISH needs to get this together fast. I don't give a rat's ass who the announcers are or in which language I have to hear it in, I just want to be able to enjoy City play from the comfort of my home on my big screen TV - not my desktop computer from a suspect feed that freezes up every now and then. Plus, I really like to rewind parts of the game to really watch how a play has developed. Like I said before, I just want to watch City play every week, and the Extra Time being offered from Dish is a HUGE failure if they cannot provide additional TV channels for the customers.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/devices/chromecast/#netflix" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/de ... t/#netflix</a><br /><br />-- Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:52 am --<br /><br />
MCFCinUSA said:
thought I'd log in to test this on the Liverpool match and of course it's not available via their online site - only through a TV subscription & intermediate provider.. so much for the small print (and I'm buggered if I can find their Android download)

disappointing to say the least, but maybe the conventional (re)-streaming channels will have more feeds because of this?

Yeah not sure why you'd think otherwise. Just because they're making every game available in the US doesn't mean it's free

So far, so good. Except there is only one game. Shitty Xfinity doesn't broadcast the other games On Demand or on special channels. The pathway Sports-> Premier League only shows team previews and not games.

Blue Haze said:
So far, so good. Except there is only one game. Shitty Xfinity doesn't broadcast the other games On Demand or on special channels. The pathway Sports-> Premier League only shows team previews and not games.

For Comcast,the Extra Time channels are available in On Demand, but when you play one it starts at the beginning of the match and there's no pause/rew/ff available. So you can't just flip around like with streams. But you still have the option of all the games.

I'm sure this process will get smoother will all carriers as the season goes on, this has never been done before in this country.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.