NBC want two English games to be played in USA

Was not directed at anyone on Bluemoon EB, certainly not you. I would imagine we all are aware of a greedy female or two. :-)
Oh I didn't take it that way, I was just having a laugh with you @degree33 as is my wont. I often have a daft half hour in the middle of the afternoon. (I should really have a nap. *lol*)

p.s. I know more than a few greedy females as well. I think I ought to write a book on some I have known. :-)

Do you really dislike us Yanks so much that you would burden our soccer league with scousers and rags. Here I thought the brotherhood of blue was stronger than that. :-)

It means more to us to get shot of them than for you to take them in.
How does it go? “Give me your hubcap stealers, your Trafford bitters, your huddled masses yearning go see Pep pack his bags…”

Even then, the old school Wimbledon supporters refounded the club. Were they fuck going to trek out to Milton Keynes!
There is a deep, deep resistance to football clubs being moved. Even within the same city, and even when it's become genuinely necessary. Look at our nostalgia for Maine Rd (which, I confess, I'm feeling less and less).
Even in the parts of Europe that I know, I can't think offhand of a big club being moved from one city to another, still less changing regions.
You. Need a franchise model for that...at the moment we have independent ownership. Very very different

and I would like my apartment block to rent all other apartments than mine to female super-models (who have a penchant for 50 year olds who wear glasses) and people who give weed away for free, we all have our wants don't we ;)

I have a plan.
Get scruffy jim to build his Wembley of the north in North America and make it the rags home stadium.
The swamp has never been in Manchester anyway and their old stadium could be utilised for something else.
The rags would still get to play in Manchester as often as they do now and the yanks would get their wish of seeing meaningful matches (sort of) played over there.
A win win surely!

I have a plan.
Get scruffy jim to build his Wembley of the north in North America and make it the rags home stadium.
The swamp has never been in Manchester anyway and their old stadium could be utilised for something else.
The rags would still get to play in Manchester as often as they do now and the yanks would get their wish of seeing meaningful matches (sort of) played over there.
A win win surely!
There are over 30 cities or towns in the USA called Manchester, I'm sure many of them would welcome scruffy jim with open arms.
Fortunately, there are none within 100 miles of Philadelphia.

There are over 30 cities or towns in the USA called Manchester, I'm sure many of them would welcome scruffy jim with open arms.
Fortunately, there are none within 100 miles of Philadelphia.
There are 38 Manchester's in the US (though 2 are ghost towns)
The one in New Jersey is 57 miles from Philly
There are 2 in Pennsylvania. One is a district in Pittsburgh which is 300 miles away.
The other is 97 miles west of Philly.
The one in Maryland is 120 miles away.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.