NBC want two English games to be played in USA

The yanks could buy a team like Wimbledon with the aim of getting them into the PL then relocating the "franchise" stateside

They'd become a huge draw with teams having to travel to the USA for away games, they'd be readily recompensed, bit like Toronto Wolfpack did in British Rugby League but with revenues much higher.

From the BBC ha...
I’m willing to acknowledge this makes me a massive hypocrite, but as both a Premier League fan and an NFL fan who was at Wembley this weekend having a great day out; I really hope we don’t move our games to the US. I suspect it’s just a matter of time until the pay-out is too tempting though, as doubtless the US fans will sell out a 90,000-seater stadium for some bland, middle-of-the-table fixture like Brentford v Man U.
Dan, Nottingham
That’s a bit unfair on Brentford.

When the So Called Super League was announced it was the fans who stopped it.

The same needs to happen with this stupid idea.

I don't think they stopped it because the charlatans over at UEFA changed the chumps league to it in all but name, they dressed a Pig up and presented it to market knowing full well it would pass muster.

To add insult to injury and rub salt in the wound the abomination that is the World Club Cub has it's new format being played over in the land of the hot dog, they aren't even subtly hiding this shit from anyone.

The yanks could buy a team like Wimbledon with the aim of getting them into the PL then relocating the "franchise" stateside

They'd become a huge draw with teams having to travel to the USA for away games, they'd be readily recompensed, bit like Toronto Wolfpack did in British Rugby League but with revenues much higher.
Of all the teams, I think Wimbledon is unlikely.

Have been thinking for a few weeks that all these extra games is the plan to make regular match goers ambivalent to a game being played abroad.

The champions league adding two group games means an extra home game, but the away game is probably an extra £300 trip at best. Potentially a month in US at the end of the season could be £10k easily. There are fans who do everything they can to attend every single game and it's beyond the point where it's feasible now.

I think they're wearing us down intentionally to introduce games abroad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.