NBC want two English games to be played in USA

Football is already overly commercial and soulless as it is. If City play league games abroad in the future it would be the final nail in the coffin. Then I will ignore this sport. So should the rest of you. Supportership and club love lose their meaning when this kind of thing happens.

It's getting harder and harder to get tickets. Reducing the amount of games played in England would make it even harder to get tickets.
The irony of being a tourist to watch a "home" match in the states isn't lost on me.

It was inevitable when the Americans started buying up PL clubs. I reckon they could easily win a vote on it now.
There will be a scramble now as to whose NFL stadium it will be hosted in. It appears it was the plan from the start. They can just keep PL teams ticking over with no serious investment, and cash in on marketing etc when game are played stateside.
Can you imagine how crazy they would go if they staged a last game of the season that had jeopardy to it. City Villa with all the superbowl razzmatazz.

At least they don't treat their customers like criminals.
The fuck wit yanks have zero idea what games mean to supporters over here - never have, never will.
They treat our game like any of their own sports - couldn't give a shit about history, couldn't give a shit about supporters.
NBA, NHL, NFL and MLB all have games in Europe now - because apparently TV wasn't sufficient to sell the product!!
Hhmmmm I wonder if money played a part in the decision making??? Literally all they're interested in.
The one saving grace is if supporters here kick off about it, it's unlikely the team will be moved to another city!!!!!
I wonder if teams have a right to refuse - suspect not as it'll be in the PL small print somewhere

They can have City vs West Ham home and away and can pay us £200 million each for the mither.

The club plays friendlies in the states for commercial, branding & fan building every three years.

We're playing in the inaugural CWC next summer for a massive pot of $

It's a huge market that probably can't be ignored regrettably....even by us !!

How about taking the League Cup games to the US and all 20 Premier League clubs take on each other in 10 games and the winners go into the 4th round with the rest of the Championship and league teams

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.