NBC want two English games to be played in USA

Would hopefully result in a massive fan backlash if it happened any time soon. Sadly can see teams pushing for it strongly at some point. Think our owners would jump at the chance same as the yanks as would help with the visitor target the tourism board has set if held in Abu Dhabi.

I don't think they stopped it because the charlatans over at UEFA changed the chumps league to it in all but name, they dressed a Pig up and presented it to market knowing full well it would pass muster.

To add insult to injury and rub salt in the wound the abomination that is the World Club Cub has it's new format being played over in the land of the hot dog, they aren't even subtly hiding this shit from anyone.
Very good points.

I thought all these teams were supposed to be more aware of the climate issue now and be reducing their carbon footprint. Jetting off 5 thousand miles to play a game they can play at home doesn't seem very responsible.

Said it before, but will repeat: as a Yank, I fucking hate this idea. Hate, hate, hate it.

19 home, 19 away. The simple, beautiful balanced schedule which no American professional sport of consequence has should never, ever be messed with. Let La Liga come. Let Serie A come. Most American fans don't know the difference anyhow. But leave the Prem in England (and/or Wales, if circumstances ever allow again).

Don't see the issue. For those who could afford it I'm guessing the club would guarantee tickets for season ticket holders. Depending on where it's played it could be a cracking weekend.

Don't see the issue. For those who could afford it I'm guessing the club would guarantee tickets for season ticket holders. Depending on where it's played it could be a cracking weekend.
I’m shocked, shocked I tell you….

Shite idea but it is inevitible with the sheer amount of US investment currently sloshing around the Premier League and in the Pyramid. Even for some extent with City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.