Nearly 5 years on - how do you feel about the new badge?

What is wrong with the Red Rose ?... serious question
We’ve gone almost half a century not being in Lancashire. Starting to be a long time now.

Just like Brigantia, Elmet, and Northumbria (at its largest extent) before it, Lancashire is now not the county that Manchester lies within.

It’s Greater Manchester.

I just wanted the badge to be solely Mancunian. It’s not like we’re Lazio who are named after the county/state that Rome is in, we were formed to be the football club that represents the city of Manchester.

We’ve gone almost half a century not being in Lancashire. Starting to be a long time now.

Just like Brigantia, Elmet, and Northumbria (at its largest extent) before it, Lancashire is now not the county that Manchester lies within.

It’s Greater Manchester.

I just wanted the badge to be solely Mancunian. It’s not like we’re Lazio who are named after the county/state that Rome is in, we were formed to be the football club that represents the city of Manchester.
Manchester coat of arms has 2 red roses on it.

I slagged it off when it first came out, but I have to admit I've warmed to it over the years, and I like it.

I love it. I’d also have been gutted had we not had the red rose on it, as it’s traditional. The club was formed in Manchester , Lancashire . Ok the boundaries have now been altered but the fact that we were formed within Lancashire will never be altered, and as such the red rose should remain.
Up the blues.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.