Nedum Onuoha

robbieh said:
b) getting fed up with the heavy criticism he gets from a small but persistant group on here.

You keep repeating that as if we should care when we patently don't. Like I said, if it bothers you that much, you can always foe me.

Didsbury Dave said:
ST Coleridge said:
Er, insular? It means you have an inward-looking viewpoint. In this instance, Robbieh is saying that you're placing too much stock in 'proven success in England'. As an example, he points out that Mourinho, Wenger and Ancelotti were all given a chance in the Premiership, with very positive results.

Let's give Mancini the same chance, eh? A full pre-season and a few signings, then we'll see how he gets on.

Oh fuck me, I'm wasting my time here. I'm off.

Hang on, you forgot to call me gay, or a bummer, or a twat in that post.

Did you press Submit to early or something?

"Oh fuck me, I'm wasting my time here. I'm off".

hooray !! :*)

ST Coleridge said:
Didsbury Dave said:
What are you talking about?

Er, insular? It means you have an inward-looking viewpoint. In this instance, Robbieh is saying that you're placing too much stock in 'proven success in England'. As an example, he points out that Mourinho, Wenger and Ancelotti were all given a chance in the Premiership, with very positive results.

Let's give Mancini the same chance, eh? A full pre-season and a few signings, then we'll see how he gets on.

Thanks for replying for me on that one. I started then thought can I be bothered as it seemed self evident what I was saying.

Didsbury Dave said:
ST Coleridge said:

Oh fuck me, I'm wasting my time here. I'm off.

Hang on, you forgot to call me gay, or a bummer, or a twat in that post.

Did you press Submit to early or something?

Cheerio, and don't forget this:

Insular - Having an inward-looking outlook, or having little contact with external parties; provincial.

Prestwich_Blue said:
ManCityX said:
Hasn't he won more as a player and manager than we've won in our entire history? It's hilarious that you're trying to play down the achievements of our own manager purely to suit your agenda.
My "agenda" is trying to point out he's not proven in the Premiership. Surely you can't argue with that. Look at Benitez & Ramos for proof that success in one league does not necessarily mean success in another. Benitez - 2 La Liga titles and a UEFA Cup with a not particularly fashionable team and only the third person to win the UEFA Cup and Champions League in consecutive seasons.

Mancini has won plenty as a manager but surely even the most one-eyed among the "St Bob" brigade can see that the first two of those Scudettos weren't exactly won on a level playing field. The third was the only real creditable title win of those but he couldn't compete against the best in Europe. Even Benitez managed that.

Benetiz is a very good manager, one of the best in Europe - even if most of his players cannot stand him - and came close to landing the PL last year. Ramos won the Carling Cup in his 12 months here but I don't think he enjoyed England. He made little or no effort to learn the language. With regards to Mancini and his title wins you can spend all day pissing on them or praising them. AC Milan had I think 6 points deducted (?) when he won the second title but Inter finished 20 odd points clear of them and this was the same AC Milan that won the Champions League that year. The third was a tussle down to the wire with Roma much as this years was. But praise or piss on them the fact remains he won them along with other trophies at less fashionable clubs. Mancini didn't cut it in Europe but then neither did Jose in his first season at Inter with the pretty much the same team.

Truth is it doesn't really matter. ADUG have bestowed their blessing on Mancini who has an excellent track record as a manager and will give him time to see if he can replicate that success. And if he only does as well as Benetiz - runners up in PL and CL winners and runners up with an FA cup or two along the way then I will be f**King delighted.

ST Coleridge said:
I am shamed. All I would ask is that you don't tell any of the players about my embarrassing oversight. Especially not Nigel De Jong, he's my favourite and I don't want you boasting to him about how you pwned me on the internet.

Do you promise?

PS - En masse can be used loosely to signify a majority. Whilst 8 or 9 doesn't equal a majority, it's a sizeable portion of about 25 senior players.

I have to come back on this gem before I go.

Surely disagreeing with the Oxford English dictionary represents a first for Bluemoon? Ric?

I don't know what "pwned" means but I am hoping is some kind of kiddie-internet jargon. I'm really hoping.

Don't forget the playground insult

I really am shamed, to be honest.

I'm bowing out of this, as I've become a bit petty. Dave just winds me up - he ignores any salient point directed towards him and responds with dictionary definitions to split hairs and avoid the issue. He turned the Nedum interview into a stick to bash Mancini with, despite knowing none of the facts (he doesn't really know any of the players, if he's honest), and this sums my problem with such intransigent viewpoints.

Laters Dave, you big bumboy.<br /><br />-- Wed May 19, 2010 4:28 pm --<br /><br />
Didsbury Dave said:
ST Coleridge said:
I am shamed. All I would ask is that you don't tell any of the players about my embarrassing oversight. Especially not Nigel De Jong, he's my favourite and I don't want you boasting to him about how you pwned me on the internet.

Do you promise?

PS - En masse can be used loosely to signify a majority. Whilst 8 or 9 doesn't equal a majority, it's a sizeable portion of about 25 senior players.

I have to come back on this gem before I go.

Surely disagreeing with the Oxford English dictionary represents a first for Bluemoon? Ric?

I don't know what "pwned" means but I am hoping is some kind of kiddie-internet jargon. I'm really hoping.

Don't forget the playground insult

Again, you've skirted round the issue - you don't know any players, do you? Weirdo fantasist...

the goats backside said:
Why dont some of you just have your own perm thread, honest to god

I understand your frustration GB. And maybe we should have a thread entitled Cabal where we can decamp to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.