Nedum Onuoha

robbieh said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Because I had three separate sources (at least one very much an insider) tell me on the day after we sacked Hughes that Mancini was purely temporary and Mourinho had provisionally agreed to come to us next season.

I had one of those sources tell me about 5 or 6 weeks ago that the plan was still that Mourinho would take up his position on July 1st.

I also know that Ciy tried to get him to commit up to about 3 weeks ago but felt he was stringing them along so gave up and publicly put their faith in Mancini via Khaldoon's statement.

Make no mistake jc, if the man from Inter had said "Yes", Mancini would have been on his way back to Italy. I don't know if you know this but Joe Mercer wasn't the first choice in 1965. I can't remember who was off the top of my head but Albert Alexander couldn't get hold of him to offer him the job so offered it to Joe instead. A happy accident.

Not surprised as he had already taken both Sheffield Utd and Villa down. Which just goes to show you never know. But in the grand scheme of things past performance is a reasonable indicator of the future. It therefore makes sense to employ a manager who has a decent CV. And we haven't done that very often. As far as I am aware we have only employed two men previously who had won a major league before they arrived at City. Sven and Kendall.
Billy McNeill won 3 titles, and the FA & League cup equivalents in Scotland when he came to us. You could quiblle about whether it qualifies as a major league but it was much stronger then than it is now.

Yet he failed at City and Villa, being manager of both teams in the season they were both relegated, before going back to Celtic and winning things again. While Liverpool won the CL in his first season, is a single FA Cup adequate domestic return for a manager of Benitez's ability and history?

That's why I get annoyed when people say "He (Mancini) is certain to be successful for us because he's won things in Italy." But like I say, while I'm not convinced about him on what 've seen so far, I agree he needs some time before we can really judge.

Didsbury Dave said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Because I had three separate sources (at least one very much an insider) tell me on the day after we sacked Hughes that Mancini was purely temporary and Mourinho had provisionally agreed to come to us next season.

I had one of those sources tell me about 5 or 6 weeks ago that the plan was still that Mourinho would take up his position on July 1st.

I also know that Ciy tried to get him to commit up to about 3 weeks ago but felt he was stringing them along so gave up and publicly put their faith in Mancini via Khaldoon's statement.

Make no mistake jc, if the man from Inter had said "Yes", Mancini would have been on his way back to Italy. I don't know if you know this but Joe Mercer wasn't the first choice in 1965. I can't remember who was off the top of my head but Albert Alexander couldn't get hold of him to offer him the job so offered it to Joe instead. A happy accident.

Have the kiddies gone away?

That's my understanding of it too.

The wind changed the day that Mourinho issued his "come and get me" plea on Sky after they'd won the Champions League Quarter Final.

I also believe that Mancini has always been aware of this so fair play to him.

And City were pretty much left with no alternative.

I think it's fairly apparent what he has been asked to do by his recent statement.

Whilst I remain unconvinced by him, I admire him for the difficult circumstances he has worked. There's no doubt that these circumstances have undermined him hugely with the playing staff.

keeping you get out of jail card I see.. :*)

Prestwich_Blue said:
johnny crossan said:
Just how do you know this?

I heard all of that too.

On here, from you.

I chose to dismiss it as fantasy as there is absolutely no evidence to substantiate it. Other members of the anti Mancini brigade supporting this story doesn't add any credence.

When will you doom-mongers give it a rest? Quite frankly, your hijacking of any thread to promote your anti city agenda is not only boring but down right sickening.

Prestwich_Blue said:

I owned a Skoda once that was more reliable than that.

Gelsons Dad said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

I heard all of that too.

On here, from you.

I chose to dismiss it as fantasy as there is absolutely no evidence to substantiate it. Other members of the anti Mancini brigade supporting this story doesn't add any credence.

When will you doom-mongers give it a rest? Quite frankly, your hijacking of any thread to promote your anti city agenda is not only boring but down right sickening.
I used to build Nimrods. Shame I didn't know about you back then as I'd have forgotten to bolt the wings on.

Where is the doom-mongering? Where is the anti-City agenda? What happened, happened and I reported it as I heard it. Most people believe it as why wouldn't you go for the best manager in the world if you were building the best team in the world?

Whether you choose to dismiss it is of no consequence to me because I know what I've been told but saying what you've said there marks you out as a nasty piece of work and a complete no-mark in my book.

Gelsons Dad said:

PMSL at that over dramatic bollocks.

I suggest if someone posting their opinion on anything City related on this here forum sickens you, you're probably a little too faint of heart for this place in the first place.

Prestwich_Blue said:
GStar said:
Just a tad over the top!?
Not going to put up with an unwarranted attack on my honesty and integrity by some idiot who claims to be a blue. That was over the top in my opinion.

It's not fair PB...you shouldnt shoulder all the blame..share it about, spread the love..:)

Prestwich_Blue said:
GStar said:
Just a tad over the top!?
Not going to put up with an unwarranted attack on my honesty and integrity by some idiot who claims to be a blue. That was over the top in my opinion.

Being a whinging bastard>Threatenig to deliberately hurt someone.

And tbf, as with any 'ITK' posters, some 'attacks' are warranted, otherwise everyone would be gullable idiots and the entire board would look like the transfer forum.

Anyway, moving on... :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.