Negative players or negative tactics...

there was no need again for the 3 defensive midfielders.....he should play 2 and play ireland as the third midfielder....

ireland can play the box to box role. He has a good engine on him, he can tackle well defend from the front but unlike any of the others he has creativity

the forwards were feeding off scraps again in the first half...it was the worst football ive seen since SP

tevez

ireland

bellamy dejong zabba swp (you could have barry instead of one of the other two holding midfielders)

back 4

GK

that should have been the starting line up today....there was noone to link the midfield with the attack hence we ended up booting long balls up to swp and tevez who are never ever going to be able to retain it......

hilts said:
de niro said:
ok take jose out of it.

do you honestly think bob is here for 3 and a half years?

i was replying to your points which you obviously cant defend, i have no idea how long he is here for and neither have you, the length of his tenure isnt the topic of this thread
you said the jose rumour is tedious, i say its not and that is what is leaving bob up the river without a paddle.

team bridge said:
swp on the right jonno on the left simple
if Johnno had played on the right then he wouldn't have scored that goal.

SWP played left and right anyway<br /><br />-- Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:23 pm --<br /><br />
simon23 said:
there was no need again for the 3 defensive midfielders.....he should play 2 and play ireland as the third midfielder....

ireland can play the box to box role. He has a good engine on him, he can tackle well defend from the front but unlike any of the others he has creativity

the forwards were feeding off scraps again in the first half...it was the worst football ive seen since SP

tevez

ireland

bellamy dejong zabba swp (you could have barry instead of one of the other two holding midfielders)

back 4

GK

that should have been the starting line up today....there was noone to link the midfield with the attack hence we ended up booting long balls up to swp and tevez who are never ever going to be able to retain it......
Ireland has been played in that role this season, and he hasn't done it

I'm sure he could can do it - but we don't have the luxury to play players into form.

de niro said:
team bridge said:
mancini is a worthless prick end of
just not true, he's a class act, not right for the prem just yet but a class act if he gets a season under his belt.

this is what im hoping. Im hoping that just like some players that it is jsut taking RM time to come to terms with playing in a much faster league

the utd milan match the other night should have showed him which brand of football is the more effective one<br /><br />-- Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:31 pm --<br /><br />
Marvin said:
team bridge said:
swp on the right jonno on the left simple
if Johnno had played on the right then he wouldn't have scored that goal.

SWP played left and right anyway

-- Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:23 pm --

simon23 said:

tevez

ireland

back 4

GK

Ireland has been played in that role this season, and he hasn't done it

I'm sure he could can do it - but we don't have the luxury to play players into form.

he hasnt had many opportunities there though......and RM has mainly played him out wide or just as a normal central midfiedler (which he can do but he is just not as effective)....he needs to play in the hole behind tevez/the loan striker if that is the formation we are going to play

the difference is that i think mancini is playing a 4-3-3 but the midfield 3 are sat so deep that there is too much room between them and the forwards

it should be a 4-5-1 which then becomes a 4-2-3-1 when attacking or a 4-3-4 when attacking....but as soon as we lose the ball it reverts back to a 4-5-1

They guy has won 3 Championships. I think he knows what he's doing although it will take time for him to know the strengths and weaknesses of his players and the opposition.

I like Ireland a lot and the Ireland who played last season is just what we need. He hasn't been discarded. Mancini has him on the bench, and has started him. Whenever I have seen him play - under Hughes or Mancini - he has been a shadow of the player we saw last season and it's his form - not mancini's so called negative tactics that explain why he's not playing more games.

Tactics have their part in games, but don't you think the major part of what went wrong in the 1st half were just poor passing, and a lack of "bite"? Also Sunderland played well, and scored a very good goal which gave them a lift for 30 mins

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.