Negredo Injury

Blumers Bloomers said:
stoldens said:
One player who won’t be traveling is Alvaro Negredo who has a broken metatarsal sustained in the 2-1 victory over Hearts last Friday.

The tour squad is:

Richard Wright, Willy Caballero, Joe Hart*, Micah Richards, Dedryck Boyata, Karim Rekik, Gael Clichy, Matija Nastasic, Aleks Kolarov, Jason Denayer, Javi Garcia, Fernando, Jack Rodwell, Jesus Navas, Scott Sinclair, David Silva*, Yaya Toure*, Emyr Huws, Samir Nasri, Stevan Jovetic, Edin Dzeko*, John Guidetti

confirmed on the US Tour announcement - also no James Milner in the squad

No Milner????

Sale imminent or is he injured?

Apologies I'm a bit out of the loop.........

Not heard of an injury. Probably leaving.

jared said:
Blumers Bloomers said:
stoldens said:
One player who won’t be traveling is Alvaro Negredo who has a broken metatarsal sustained in the 2-1 victory over Hearts last Friday.

The tour squad is:

Richard Wright, Willy Caballero, Joe Hart*, Micah Richards, Dedryck Boyata, Karim Rekik, Gael Clichy, Matija Nastasic, Aleks Kolarov, Jason Denayer, Javi Garcia, Fernando, Jack Rodwell, Jesus Navas, Scott Sinclair, David Silva*, Yaya Toure*, Emyr Huws, Samir Nasri, Stevan Jovetic, Edin Dzeko*, John Guidetti

confirmed on the US Tour announcement - also no James Milner in the squad

No Milner????

Sale imminent or is he injured?

Apologies I'm a bit out of the loop.........

Not heard of an injury. Probably leaving.

Nope. <a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2014/July/City-jet-out-for-US-Tour" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/20 ... or-US-Tour</a>

The majority of the squad who were on duty in Scotland will travel to the States and will be joined in New York by World Cup stars Yaya Toure, David Silva, Joe Hart, James Milner and Edin Dzeko who all exited at the first stage of the competition

LoveCity said:
At least there's no dilemma for the Champions League squad anymore - Garcia (if he's still here) and Negredo will be the two non-homegrown left out.

Why? Lets say he is out for two months, his return date would be around 20th September - he would only miss our first group stage game

Jordan CTID said:
LoveCity said:
At least there's no dilemma for the Champions League squad anymore - Garcia (if he's still here) and Negredo will be the two non-homegrown left out.

Why? Lets say he is out for two months, his return date would be around 20th September - he would only miss our first group stage game

Because it'd give Pellegrini an excuse to drop one of the forwards in a tournament we apparently plan to play 1 striker in most games with a midfield 3. Would be much harder to explain to one of the 4 big name strikers if they were all fit.

There aren't many other candidates for us to leave out besides a 'luxury' 4th forward. We need all our non-HG defenders, we'd be dropping Garcia from the midfield... Willy is probably the other candidate for the chop (see what I did there?) but it'd risk Richard Wright in goal if Hart hurts himself or gets sent off. And I'm not convinced Joe will be our starting goalkeeper in Europe this season...

I'll probably get slated for this but this could be a prime time for Guidetti to step up and try to prove all his doubters wrong. I just get a feeling he's not recovered properly himself.

I think we could end up going into the new season with just Dzeko and Jovetic as our fully fit strikers.

Sergio for me needs a month off at least just to let his body recover from a few years of bad injuries, if we rush him back I fear we could see him have another injury hit season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.