Negredo Injury

grunge said:
I'll probably get slated for this but this could be a prime time for Guidetti to step up and try to prove all his doubters wrong. I just get a feeling he's not recovered properly himself.

I'm a doubter but if he crosses that white line in our colours he will have my unequivocal support. There must be something there if he's still with us??

This brings Kun even more sharply into focus. As I understood it, he was visibly badly lacking in match fitness in the WC, but fully over his injury (injuries, we should remember, because it's not been the same thing every time). If we can aim at having Edin and Jovetic in for Newcastle and Liverpool, and Sergio coming back in after that, we should be alright.
But please, please, dear God, nobody else during pre-season.

Dzeko was in beastly form before the season ended, and I think Jovetic might be over his injuries (hasn't had one in months now), we'll be fine.

I'll miss his all action style but,provided we can keep the rest fit,I don't believe his absence will be detrimental to our success.Dzeko can carry us,he's used to it now.....;-)

Jovetic will also be buzzing and we have plenty of attack minded midfielders who will hopefully also be making the most of the opportunity.

It's an injury ffs. These things happen. If it had happened in the Community Shield game then I'd be much more worried. We just start the season with Dzeko up top and Yaya behind. Silva, Nasri, Jovetic, provide the guile and craft and goals too hopefully and Navas the wide threat when needed. Guidetti on the bench till Aguero is fit and rested (end of September ?)

This is a major dissapointment for Negredo in particular. Injury is such a devastating aspect of professional sports and you will not wish it on anyone. Well, good luck to him and hope he makes a speedy recovery.

Aguero is also suffering at the moment and the hope will be for Jovetic to step up this season and start living up to the expectations.He also has a very bad history of injuries but perhaps he can put that behind him and begin to shine. This is a big season for Jovetic, make or break, and if he breaks down again then the club may begin to look elsewhere. I still believe that Jovetic can be one of the best strikers out there and he has the single mindedness and character to make the best out of his situation and talent ... but he needs to stay injury free.

Dzeko, Jovetic and Yaya as a second striker will be our goal scoring players this season. Aguero remains the main attacker but his prospects this season is a bit blurred because of the fitness issues and that seems to have affected his form and he is getting frustrated by the whole thing, the world cup performances being a prime example. The club needs to get to the bottom of it and solve the problem once and for all because with other teams strengthening, we will need Aguero to be available for the bulk of the season.

Can you imagine how much Guidetti would be chomping at the bit if we started him in the Community Shield?
He'd be Beast 2.0

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.