Negredo

George Hannah said:
Alf still looked in pain after the game, couldn't lift his arm to shake hands. Looks like a dislocated or broken collarbone to me. Reporter told Manuel post match he was limping down the tunnel, Manuel shrugged and said "Alvaro has a pain in his shoulder - we will see tomorrow."

Bad news tomorrow I think.

If it was serious or suspected they would not have left him on the pitch

George Hannah said:
Alf still looked in pain after the game, couldn't lift his arm to shake hands. Looks like a dislocated or broken collarbone to me. Reporter told Manuel post match he was limping down the tunnel, Manuel shrugged and said "Alvaro has a pain in his shoulder - we will see tomorrow."

And how does a broken collarbone look? Nonsense

If you'd experienced one or seen up close someone who has just received one, you'd know (a) he wouldn't be coming back on and (b) he certainly would be doing more than wincing!

If it was serious he would have come off, just rest him vs. Watford and back for Spurs game.

JoeVols said:
This is exactly why I posted earlier in this thread that he's playing too many games. Why not give him a rest now and then? Now he gets hurt playing in a tie that we were already 6-0 up.

Am I the only one who sees this? Why keep playing him game after game, esp. this one? Madness.
Aguero was injured. Him and dzeko were all we had he couldn't really give him a rest to be honest. And Alvaro strikes me as a player that does not want rest he enjoy playing and scoring. Injuries happen it's parts of the game. He gets paid to play and obvious by Pelli not choosing weak team play they all shall.

celf said:
George Hannah said:

the medical team would have had him off in a flash if there was anything serious…...

Agreed that i think if it was proper serious he would have come off for the last few mins - although it did worry me that after the game someone just tapped him on the shoulder when shaking hands, and he instantly flinched and went to hold his shoulder... :S

IF... it is a broken collar bone like a few have mentioned then he's fucked - collar bones are notorious for being slow to heal/difficult

Fingers crossed the lads ok - we need him for the up and coming games

celf said:
George Hannah said:

the medical team would have had him off in a flash if there was anything serious…...

Agreed that i think if it was proper serious he would have come off for the last few mins - although it did worry me that after the game someone just tapped him on the shoulder when shaking hands, and he instantly flinched and went to hold his shoulder... :S

IF... it is a broken collar bone like a few have mentioned then he's fucked - collar bones are notorious for being slow to heal/difficult

Fingers crossed the lads ok - we need him for the up and coming games<br /><br />-- Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:34 pm --<br /><br />
celf said:
George Hannah said:

Fingers crossed the lads ok - we need him for the up and coming games

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
George Hannah said:

And how does a broken collarbone look? Nonsense

If you'd experienced one or seen up close someone who has just received one, you'd know (a) he wouldn't be coming back on and (b) he certainly would be doing more than wincing!
My experience is pretty extensive after fracturing my own collar bone - the bones don't have to be sticking out of your shoulder and you can continue to play after a fashion - but perhaps you know better?

Ian Cheeseman ‏@IanCheeseman 14m
#mcfc Negredo shoulder injury not a serious problem according to Pellegrini

I've broken my collarbone in a basketball game and continued for the last few minutes of the game before winding up being out for 8 weeks. And just as a recent story in the NFL-QB Aaron Rodgers broke his in a game and was throwing a football on the sideline trying to warm up and get back out on the field. He wasn't let back on but would up being out for 8 weeks as well. Obviously it's all speculation, but it is quite possible to carry on with a broken collarbone, especially with all the adrenaline pumping through your body.

Could well be a "stinger"

Happens a lot in rugby, very painful initially due to shock to the nerves but usually clears after a few days. If broken, sprained or dislocated he wouldn`t have been able to have carried on

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.