Negredo

A friend broke his collarbone last week and carried on playing rugby. Obviously it needs to be professionally assessed but an early application of ice can significantly help tissue healing if it is not a break.

Cosmin said:
Ian Cheeseman ‏@IanCheeseman 14m
#mcfc Negredo shoulder injury not a serious problem according to Pellegrini
This is the only hard news we've got. Let's just hope Pellegrini said this to Cheesy after he had been able to talk to the medical people and the player, and not before. I don't think it would have been before, otherwise he would have just repeated the comments he gave to SSN which was pretty much we will see tomorrow.

acquiesce said:
I've broken my collarbone in a basketball game and continued for the last few minutes of the game before winding up being out for 8 weeks. And just as a recent story in the NFL-QB Aaron Rodgers broke his in a game and was throwing a football on the sideline trying to warm up and get back out on the field. He wasn't let back on but would up being out for 8 weeks as well. Obviously it's all speculation, but it is quite possible to carry on with a broken collarbone, especially with all the adrenaline pumping through your body.

Unless its a final with the title hanging on the line and you do it with a couple of minutes to go you don't stay on on with a broken or dislocated collarbone.

As MP later said its not serious , its a stinger.

Wasn't going to play Saturday and worst case scenario the nerves take more time than expected to resume normality in which case he would be rested for Spurs as well.

Seen some great centre forwards over the years at city , but cant recollect one that knocked in 24 goals half way through his debut season , he could potentially play another 20 games this season , if he keeps this form up , he will finish with 40 goals , cant wait till he settles in :)

mancity111 said:
acquiesce said:
I've broken my collarbone in a basketball game and continued for the last few minutes of the game before winding up being out for 8 weeks. And just as a recent story in the NFL-QB Aaron Rodgers broke his in a game and was throwing a football on the sideline trying to warm up and get back out on the field. He wasn't let back on but would up being out for 8 weeks as well. Obviously it's all speculation, but it is quite possible to carry on with a broken collarbone, especially with all the adrenaline pumping through your body.

Unless its a final with the title hanging on the line and you do it with a couple of minutes to go you don't stay on on with a broken or dislocated collarbone.

Wasn't going to play Saturday and worst case scenario the nerves take more time than expected to resume normality in which case he would be rested for Spurs as well.
Not heard of stingers before, but I think Cheesy's comments, and yours and Ducados about the player having been examined and let back on at 9-0 with minutes to go, suggest a minor injury. Still we'll all be a bit wary until we hear more tomorrow.

gmckennasell said:
Seen some great centre forwards over the years at city , but cant recollect one that knocked in 24 goals half way through his debut season , he could potentially play another 20 games this season , if he keeps this form up , he will finish with 40 goals , cant wait till he settles in :)

this is Frannie Lee Mk 2

get in !!!

gmckennasell said:
Rampaging bull with a wand of a left hoof

Marvin said:
mancity111 said:
acquiesce said:

Not heard of stingers before, but I think Cheesy's comments, and yours and Ducados about the player having been examined and let back on at 9-0 with minutes to go, suggest a minor injury. Still we'll all be a bit wary until we hear more tomorrow.

Mate , they're quite common in rugby. Basically where an injury hits the physiological nerve systm , (e.g. as opposed to muscle / ligament damage or bone breaks)

dom said:
gmckennasell said:

this is Frannie Lee Mk 2

get in !!!

minus the penalties !

gmckennasell said:

After seeing it in writing, it's even more impressive.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.