Negredo

aguero93:20 said:
Marvin said:
Not sure people realise how potentially serious this could be.

The hope is it's just bruising or damage to a nerve, as the Rugby fans were suggesting, but it could also be a fracture to the collar-bone which could put him out for 3 months

The fact that he played on, and that he doesn't look like he spent the night in hospital suggests to me it's not broken. There are a lot of delicate, fragile structures in and around the shoulder joint
Marvin, I've fractured my collar bone falling off a ladder and he wouldn't be walking around with a smile on his face today, he'd either be in agony (extremely painful bone to break/fracture) or he'd be doped up to the eyeballs.
Plus, there's nowhere near enough swelling visible in any photos to suggest a fracture, lots of blood vessels running through that area = lots of swelling.
I think we should form a Blue Moon Broken Clavicle Club - there's no shortage of experience

George Hannah said:
aguero93:20 said:
Marvin said:

The hope is it's just bruising or damage to a nerve, as the Rugby fans were suggesting, but it could also be a fracture to the collar-bone which could put him out for 3 months

The fact that he played on, and that he doesn't look like he spent the night in hospital suggests to me it's not broken. There are a lot of delicate, fragile structures in and around the shoulder joint
Marvin, I've fractured my collar bone falling off a ladder and he wouldn't be walking around with a smile on his face today, he'd either be in agony (extremely painful bone to break/fracture) or he'd be doped up to the eyeballs.
Plus, there's nowhere near enough swelling visible in any photos to suggest a fracture, lots of blood vessels running through that area = lots of swelling.
I think we should form a Blue Moon Broken Clavicle Club - there's no shortage of experience
It's an easy bone to break GH! and that's definitely speaking from experience, if I'd kept my casts I'd need a bigger house, active childhood!

Cobwebcat said:
Eccles Blue said:
On the Physio website for injuries it says:

A Negredo Shoulder Injury no return date

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_ ... _table.php</a>

They always put that when they dont know how long the player is out for. Its updated when the club says what the injury is specifically.

Thank you, I just wondered although I wasn't concerned as such because, as has been said, he had a smile on his face and having put one of my sons through a very painful night because I didn't realise he had broken his collar bone I know the pain he would have been in!! :-)

Even now over 30 years later he has never forgiven me!!! That's parents for you, they mess you up!!!

Marvin said:
FantasyIreland said:
My best guess - tendonitis of the rotator cuff,intense rehab and anti inflammatory's,prob a couple of weeks.
Tendonitis is a chronic condition caused by overuse - this is an acute injury

Or acute inflammation to a tendon of the cuff,caused by the impact......as I have experience of.

Eccles Blue said:
Cobwebcat said:
Eccles Blue said:
On the Physio website for injuries it says:
A Negredo Shoulder Injury no return date
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_ ... _table.php</a>
They always put that when they dont know how long the player is out for. Its updated when the club says what the injury is specifically.
Thank you, I just wondered although I wasn't concerned as such because, as has been said, he had a smile on his face and having put one of my sons through a very painful night because I didn't realise he had broken his collar bone I know the pain he would have been in!! :-)
Even now over 30 years later he has never forgiven me!!! That's parents for you, they mess you up!!!
you just thought he was Larkin about

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRp3MfTScds[/youtube]

Marvin said:

I really doubt it's that serious Marvin
It certainly isn't a "stinger" injury as some rugby fans suggest. They are nerve injuries sustained as a result of direct contact from the front as occurs in a rugby tackle.
Negredo rolled onto the back of his shoulder as visible by the marks on his shirt at the end of the game and the most likely injury in this case is to the joint between the collarbone and the scapula, the AC joint. Hopefully it is just a sprain and will keep him out for 3 weeks or so. He may benefit from a rest as has played a lot recently and will hopefully be back in time for Barca game nice and fresh.

Burtonblue said:
Marvin said:

It certainly isn't a "stinger" injury as some rugby fans suggest. They are nerve injuries sustained as a result of direct contact from the front as occurs in a rugby tackle.
Negredo rolled onto the back of his shoulder as visible by the marks on his shirt at the end of the game and the most likely injury in this case is to the joint between the collarbone and the scapula, the AC joint. Hopefully it is just a sprain and will keep him out for 3 weeks or so. He may benefit from a rest as has played a lot recently and will hopefully be back in time for Barca game nice and fresh.

Surley if was ok to carry on he won, t be out for 3 wks need him against spurs and chelsea.

Burtonblue said:
Marvin said:

I will be fucking gutted if it's 3 weeks. That includes some huge games where we need him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.