Negredo

Hopefully the injury is not too serious. He is a tough cookie so I am sure even if it is painful he will put on a brave face and play on. Was brought to my attention that apparently only Ruud Van Nistelrooy had scored more in his first 30 games in his debut season in the Premiership - so I took a look at some scoring records.

Van Nistelrooy scored 36 in 49 games (1 in Charity Shield I believe) in all competitions including 23 in 32 league games. This is a goal every 1.36 games.

Fernando Torres scored 33 in 46 games in his debut season for Liverpool in all competitions. 24 in 33 league games. At a rate of 1 goal every 1.39 games.

For some context, Didier Drogba managed 16 in 41 games in his debut season at Chelsea at a rate of a goal every 2.56 games and scored 10 in 26 league appearances.

Our Sergio managed 30 goals in 48 games in all comps, 23 in 34 league games at a rate of a goal every 1.6 games.

So far Negredo has managed 23 in 32 games including 9 in 20 league games. He is on a goal every 1.39games (same as Torres). This is unbelievable form.

Even more encouraging (and the reason we have scored so many) is despite this being one of the best records for a debut season, it is couple with the fact Sergio is on 22 goals from 23 games in all competitions with 14 from 16 league games at a goal every 1.05games.

Sensational.

Didsbury Dave said:
Burtonblue said:
Marvin said:
Not sure people realise how potentially serious this could be.

The hope is it's just bruising or damage to a nerve, as the Rugby fans were suggesting, but it could also be a fracture to the collar-bone which could put him out for 3 months

The fact that he played on, and that he doesn't look like he spent the night in hospital suggests to me it's not broken. There are a lot of delicate, fragile structures in and around the shoulder joint
I really doubt it's that serious Marvin
It certainly isn't a "stinger" injury as some rugby fans suggest. They are nerve injuries sustained as a result of direct contact from the front as occurs in a rugby tackle.
Negredo rolled onto the back of his shoulder as visible by the marks on his shirt at the end of the game and the most likely injury in this case is to the joint between the collarbone and the scapula, the AC joint. Hopefully it is just a sprain and will keep him out for 3 weeks or so. He may benefit from a rest as has played a lot recently and will hopefully be back in time for Barca game nice and fresh.

I will be fucking gutted if it's 3 weeks. That includes some huge games where we need him.

I'll be pissed off big style. I know hindsight is a wonderful thing, but why was he even playing. Just a monumentally stupid decision with huge repercussions!

supercity88 said:
Hopefully the injury is not too serious. He is a tough cookie so I am sure even if it is painful he will put on a brave face and play on. Was brought to my attention that apparently only Ruud Van Nistelrooy had scored more in his first 30 games in his debut season in the Premiership - so I took a look at some scoring records.

Van Nistelrooy scored 36 in 49 games (1 in Charity Shield I believe) in all competitions including 23 in 32 league games. This is a goal every 1.36 games.

Fernando Torres scored 33 in 46 games in his debut season for Liverpool in all competitions. 24 in 33 league games. At a rate of 1 goal every 1.39 games.

For some context, Didier Drogba managed 16 in 41 games in his debut season at Chelsea at a rate of a goal every 2.56 games and scored 10 in 26 league appearances.

Our Sergio managed 30 goals in 48 games in all comps, 23 in 34 league games at a rate of a goal every 1.6 games.

So far Negredo has managed 23 in 32 games including 9 in 20 league games. He is on a goal every 1.39games (same as Torres). This is unbelievable form.

Even more encouraging (and the reason we have scored so many) is despite this being one of the best records for a debut season, it is couple with the fact Sergio is on 22 goals from 23 games in all competitions with 14 from 16 league games at a goal every 1.05games.

Sensational.
And Dzeko ain't doing too bad either, 16 goals in 27 at 1.69

The Flash said:
Marvin said:
FantasyIreland said:
My best guess - tendonitis of the rotator cuff,intense rehab and anti inflammatory's,prob a couple of weeks.
Tendonitis is a chronic condition caused by overuse - this is an acute injury

Tendonitis isn't a chronic condition.
It does tend to be. It's inflammation of a tendon. That usually develops over time. Many footballers and atheletes have it, and train and work through it, but have to rest when it gets too much. Lots of older people get it as well when their joints degenerate and bony outgrowths on the joints rub against the tendon

NegredoSling-6537286.jpg

hope he is not out too long...we def need hims for the likes of Chelsea, spurs and barca......

Edin has been playing well very recently but Nergado is definitely the more consistent of the two

ancoats said:
Nothing wrong with that dude!

I'd be gutted if he is out for Spuds/Chavs as it was entirely avoidable. However we managed without Kun for six weeks and Dzeko is playing well at the moment. So Kun/Dzeko can do a job. However neither should play on Saturday against Watford, may have to go 4-6-0.

Marvin said:
Not sure people realise how potentially serious this could be.

The hope is it's just bruising or damage to a nerve, as the Rugby fans were suggesting, but it could also be a fracture to the collar-bone which could put him out for 3 months

The fact that he played on, and that he doesn't look like he spent the night in hospital suggests to me it's not broken. There are a lot of delicate, fragile structures in and around the shoulder joint

Clean brake and it could be 3 months but fracture Marvin little chance.

AC joInt wihich is the most common injury depending on the grade of non surgical injuries are 2 - 8 weeks max.

The Flash said:
Marvin said:
FantasyIreland said:
My best guess - tendonitis of the rotator cuff,intense rehab and anti inflammatory's,prob a couple of weeks.
Tendonitis is a chronic condition caused by overuse - this is an acute injury

Tendonitis isn't a chronic condition.
Tendonitis may follow an injury to a tendon but will usually develop over a period of time following the injury as the tendon is "trying" to heal and can become inflamed.
The beast does not have tendonitis at present but he could have a tendon injury.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.