Negredo's outside left foot

He saw Mignolet off his line and was looking to chip it with the outside of his foot. Mig shifted his weight and committed to the wrong side and physics wouldn't allow him to completely readjust to get back fast enough. Took a swipe at it but the strike had just enough to get in the back of the net.

Either way that strike was going to score whether Mig flaps at it or not.

HankTheSucker said:
As soon as it left the outside of his boot I turned round to my mate and said THAT'S IN !! Do you doubters ever watch a bit of cricket and marvel at the results a decent spinner gets???? Poor shot My Arse… he meant that …. Suppose that pass for Milner's goal was a mishit the other
week?

What exactly did he 'mean' by the way? I'll tell you what he meant. He meant to hit it with the outside of his boot into the corner of the net to Mignolet's left. Instead he got too much 'cut' on it, bringing the ball back too much and right at Mignolet. Upon which the keeper has had a nightmare.

If you seriously seriously don't see this then I despair.

HankTheSucker said:
As soon as it left the outside of his boot I turned round to my mate and said THAT'S IN !! Do you doubters ever watch a bit of cricket and marvel at the results a decent spinner gets???? Poor shot My Arse… he meant that …. Suppose that pass for Milner's goal was a mishit the other
week?
This ^^
I said the same cricket analogy about his assist on Milner's goal at Fulham .It like a classic off spinner .As soon as the ball hit the ground,the ball spun away from the keeper and it perfectly landed on Milner's foot .The defender has no chance at all.Some blamed the defender and said he could've done better but that ball was perfectly weighted .Inch perfect.

Today I laugh at the doubters .His goal today is a fine example of a seasoned player .His decision making was class.He saw the keeper out of the line and instead of power he chipped it with outside of his left foot.

You can quote the movement and trajectory of the ball all day long - the only way you'll know for sure is if you ask the guy. And only then if he tells you the truth. It's a goal, and we'll take it anyhow. Don't forget, a player can miss a simple tap in, or penalty, despite their knowledge of Newton's laws of motion.

watch the slow motion highlights.

he meant every bit of swerving it. and it took a vicious curl. great technique.

it can be argued he could have smashed it bottom far left or right but still had a few yards for Mignolet to dive and save and his shot could go inches wide as with many of these placed shots.

a shot dead centr with a curve would have a far better chance to go in gaping goal than a grazing post shot. i thought it was well sneaky. risky yes but the element of surprise was what did Mignolet because he didnt even put a strong hand on it and didnt know where the ball was headed, not forgetting he was off balance expecting to dive to his side.

Whitefield Blue said:
HankTheSucker said:
week?

What exactly did he 'mean' by the way? I'll tell you what he meant. He meant to hit it with the outside of his boot into the corner of the net to Mignolet's left. Instead he got too much 'cut' on it, bringing the ball back too much and right at Mignolet. Upon which the keeper has had a nightmare.

If you seriously seriously don't see this then I despair.

OK, well despair then.I couldn`t give a fuck how it goes in,but as long as the ball fully crosses that white line,between the sticks and underneath the bar,then that`ll do for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.