Neil Young Red & Black scarves now available on 6th Jan

robsta said:
bluwes said:
Alex,
Had a Twitter update saying don't go to the store before 1 o'clock tomorrow. As they won't be available until after that time.
That was what they told me about today's availability and when I arrived just after 2pm they had all gone.

Should I do as they ask or go down in the morning?.
They did take my details today and collected my vouchers off me, saying they would put them on one side for me to collect, but you never know. I would hate to miss out
They took my details and vouchers as well and I asked if that guaranteed me the scarves tomorrow. The girl said yes it does. I know there is a risk but I would like to think if they have gone to the trouble of taking names and vouchers they will make sure they save scarves for those people.

yeah i'm sure they will do.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
bluwes said:
Alex,
Had a Twitter update saying don't go to the store before 1 o'clock tomorrow. As they won't be available until after that time.
That was what they told me about today's availability and when I arrived just after 2pm they had all gone.

Should I do as they ask or go down in the morning?.
They did take my details today and collected my vouchers off me, saying they would put them on one side for me to collect, but you never know. I would hate to miss out

i've been they won't be available before 1pm but I'd check in the morning if I were you.

I can't speak on behalf of the club or the suppliers. I'm as confused as anybody as to what's going on. My guess is as good as anybody's what time the scarves will be there. The club appear (to me with hindsight) to have been a little bit too cautious on the number of scarves produced for this game. I wish they had produced the full 4,700 required. If, and this is no criticism we had thought of this idea much earlier and advised the club then perhaps all would be happy. I'm not at the game myself, I have no privileges other than excellent contacts but I as much as anybody want a black & red scarf.

Alex the Blue

Alex the Blue said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
i've been they won't be available before 1pm but I'd check in the morning if I were you.

I can't speak on behalf of the club or the suppliers. I'm as confused as anybody as to what's going on. My guess is as good as anybody's what time the scarves will be there. The club appear (to me with hindsight) to have been a little bit too cautious on the number of scarves produced for this game. I wish they had produced the full 4,700 required. If, and this is no criticism we had thought of this idea much earlier and advised the club then perhaps all would be happy. I'm not at the game myself, I have no privileges other than excellent contacts but I as much as anybody want a black & red scarf.

Alex the Blue

I was told they were struggling to even produce that much originally because of the hectic christmas period and time constraints for suppliers, which is also why a kit was also not produced and has been tentatively put back to the Final should we get there.

Even if there aren't enough this weekend, there's no reason why they can't keep getting batches in and putting them in the club shops and online and we make a continual campaign about it throughout an FA Cup run if we get through or even just the league.

Went down to the ground today after college, got there at 4:30, spoke to the woman in the ticket office, she took my details, my vouchers and my donation and said that she would contact me tomorrow to let me know when I could come and collect them. She also assured me that I would get them, even if I make my way down at 4 again. However I gave her the house phone number and my mum is in tomorrow, so my mum has very kindly said that when City call she will go down and get them for me. My mum just said about the whole situation: "Typical City, they cocked up with the Wembley tickets when there was only two people in the ticket office on the day that they were released!" Sums us up really?

I phoned up the Market St Store this morning and was advised that an extremely limited number were available there. I took my 2 vouchers down at midday and when I asked one member of staff she said there were none being "sold" there. Another member of staff overheard the conversation and told me that they had an extremely limited number there but they weren't advertising the fact.

She duly appeared with 2 scarves and took my donations. I don't know if they have any left now but worth a try tomorrow if you're in the city centre and can't get to the stadium.

I couldn't find the phone number for the store but if you call the club they will give it to you.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Alex the Blue said:

Alex the Blue

I was told they were struggling to even produce that much originally because of the hectic christmas period and time constraints for suppliers, which is also why a kit was also not produced and has been tentatively put back to the Final should we get there.

Even if there aren't enough this weekend, there's no reason why they can't keep getting batches in and putting them in the club shops and online and we make a continual campaign about it throughout an FA Cup run if we get through or even just the league.

A lot of manufacturing shut down for almost 2 week sover Christmas, I would imagine rather than being hectic that would be the problem. The lead time was probably given in working days with he shut down not being factored in.

I doubt they were made in China like the blue/white derby free ones if they come in part shipment.

You can never blame the supplier though, if your suppliers let you down you sort it out yourself or face the bullet. It is harsh but that is the way it works if you do it for a living.

Corky said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

A lot of manufacturing shut down for almost 2 week sover Christmas, I would imagine rather than being hectic that would be the problem. The lead time was probably given in working days with he shut down not being factored in.

I doubt they were made in China like the blue/white derby free ones if they come in part shipment.

You can never blame the supplier though, if your suppliers let you down you sort it out yourself or face the bullet. It is harsh but that is the way it works if you do it for a living.

I know only a fortnight before xmas the club were only just recently been sorting it, so yeah that's the time constraints are the major factor, but City have always stated it was a fan lead thing so they only responded to us asking for them to be done.

And yeah they were made in England according to another poster who has one.

Arthur Lager said:
I phoned up the Market St Store this morning and was advised that an extremely limited number were available there. I took my 2 vouchers down at midday and when I asked one member of staff she said there were none being "sold" there. Another member of staff overheard the conversation and told me that they had an extremely limited number there but they weren't advertising the fact.

She duly appeared with 2 scarves and took my donations. I don't know if they have any left now but worth a try tomorrow if you're in the city centre and can't get to the stadium.

I couldn't find the phone number for the store but if you call the club they will give it to you.

Apparently they were given 20 and they all went. I got there just after 1 then went upto the ground and they had gone as well

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.