Neil Young

i reckon we should all put together for him in the bluemoon type way. I may not be there but i tell you i would put my hand in my pocket for the gentleman

Awful news,a boyhood hero of mine,so many great memories.I wish him and his family well.<br /><br />-- Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:50 am --<br /><br />
Goats left knee said:
i reckon we should all put together for him in the bluemoon type way. I may not be there but i tell you i would put my hand in my pocket for the gentleman

Well said mate,and i would join you gladly.

great player, very sad news.

nelly young was an incredible player in an incredible side, i am privileged to have seen him live.

thank you neil and i wish you well.

(you were dads fave,even over franny, king and buzzer)

de niro said:

nelly young was an incredible player in an incredible side, i am privileged to have seen him live.

I think his local status (and you couldn't get much more local could you?) meant a lot to my dad generation.

block said:
de niro said:

I think his local status (and you couldn't get much more local could you?) meant a lot to my dad generation.

correct, he was born yards from maine road, he dreamt of city and lived the dream, his body maybe failing him but nothing will take away his memories.
he's earned them.

Very sad news and my thoughts are with both him and his family.

Agree that as a club, we should do everything needed to make his time left as enjoyable and easy for both him and his family.

A player from a team before my time but the stories, pictures, videos and more importantly, trophies show what a key part this great man and player played in our History.

Many thanks blue.

Ballet On Ice said:
This summer I started a thread saying that the club should give Neil a testimonial or some other form of recognition, ( if he would want one )
Please Please Please someone at the club do something

unfortunately its a case of to little to late by the club, it shouldn't take something like neil having terminal cancer to jump there arse's into gear and do something, it seems strange though because the club seem to have been on the ball with how they look after ex players and fans in the past.

I was lucky enough to have started watching City in the late 60's in the golden era. In all those Bell, Lee and Summerbee vids it was Neil Young who was scoring all the goals but he never really got the recognition he deserved,
Hope he pulls through!! Good Luck Neil!

So so sad to hear this news Nelly is one of my heroes, it's a been a bad year for City legends Ken Barnes, Big Mal and now Nelly. My thoughts are with him and his wife who I use to see regularly shopping in Sainsbury's always said hello a true gent.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.