Neil Young

de niro said:
block said:
I think his local status (and you couldn't get much more local could you?) meant a lot to my dad generation.

correct, he was born yards from maine road, he dreamt of city and lived the dream, his body maybe failing him but nothing will take away his memories.
he's earned them.

My dad was the year above him and played with him and his brother for years.

Even played the off game together in the Maine Road days as well I think ;-)

A real local lad playing for his local team in a way that I find hard to imagine happening again somehow.

one of my early favourites - he scored some cracking goals and was a local lad made good.
were any of you lot at the tribal gathering a few years back organised by blue view when he was the gust celeb at the indian dinner on the saturday night? think it was in 2002 - he came across a exactly i remembered him from 30 years before - a really nice guy.
there isn't much you can wish for him i suppose but that it's managed as painlessly as possible.
thanks for the great memories neil and best wishes to a true city legend - not many in life can claim to have scored the winning goal in THE cup final - and a year later did it again with 1 in Vienna

getting towards the stage where this absolutely needs to be a sticky now...

can i ask all blues who wish to send him a card - not a christmas card or a get well soon card, but say, a thank you card and put a message in aqnd send it to alex channon's address at the start of this thread and he will ensure all cards get there quickly

i spoke with alex this morning... carmen, neil's wife had phoned alex on friday night to tell him the news. mike summerbee has already been round to visit so the club is well aware of his plight

he was suffering from a cough as well as his bad leg, he went to the doctors and to hospital and they found a shadow on his lung. the lung cancer is terminal and it is also in his spine. not only does he face chemo but also his left leg too because of circulation problems

not only is he faced with this news but he and his family knows he is going to have to go through the hardest of times before he does eventually leave us all

it is tragic and understandably him and his wife are very down

whilst they don't want people calling them directly as many cards as possible would be appreciated, so please take alex's address from the thread and text this message and his address onto as many blues as possible.

we are looking at circa 6 months...

Just to remind all of my address;
Alex Channon
'Penalty Spot
11 Thirlmere Avenue
Swinton
Manchester M27 5XD'
wearethesouthstand said:
getting towards the stage where this absolutely needs to be a sticky now...

can i ask all blues who wish to send him a card - not a christmas card or a get well soon card, but say, a thank you card and put a message in aqnd send it to alex channon's address at the start of this thread and he will ensure all cards get there quickly

i spoke with alex this morning... carmen, neil's wife had phoned alex on friday night to tell him the news. mike summerbee has already been round to visit so the club is well aware of his plight

he was suffering from a cough as well as his bad leg, he went to the doctors and to hospital and they found a shadow on his lung. the lung cancer is terminal and it is also in his spine. not only does he face chemo but also his left leg too because of circulation problems

not only is he faced with this news but he and his family knows he is going to have to go through the hardest of times before he does eventually leave us all

it is tragic and understandably him and his wife are very down

whilst they don't want people calling them directly as many cards as possible would be appreciated, so please take alex's address from the thread and text this message and his address onto as many blues as possible.

we are looking at circa 6 months...

A truely unsung hero for us, will be getting a card from me. Gutted but let's make his time left a good one both on and off the pitch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.