Neil Young

Great to see a god caucus of Neil Young fans here !!

Any blue mooneres at the wonderful pair of gigs NY played at the Apllo a couple of years back ??

The man is a God and has not lost his fire

OP please check out Harvest and Rust Never Sleeps

I'm a big fan of Comes a Time.. Some great songs on there.. Saw him at Glastonbury a few years ago for the first time and it was seminal!

Absolute fantastic musician. Some of his music is a bit left-field/experimental at various times, but that what makes him great in my view. He is all about the music and nothing else.

Saw a documentary a while back and one of his co-musicians retold a story about Neil cancelling a whole series of gigs as he had decided to work on another project that he found musically interesting/challenging. I know that makes him sound a bit of James Hunt for letting others down, but that's how he is about his music. Takes it very serious.

Anyway, in closing: legend.

Thanks for the thread. This will either be my next CD purchase or I-POD download or my birthday present.

Forgot to add - Sugar Mountain is simply beautiful. The lyrics are all about leaving your childhood behind and was written when he was just 19. Unbelievable talent.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGI5wGp2tXA[/youtube]

strongbowholic said:
Absolute fantastic musician. Some of his music is a bit left-field/experimental at various times, but that what makes him great in my view. He is all about the music and nothing else.

Saw a documentary a while back and one of his co-musicians retold a story about Neil cancelling a whole series of gigs as he had decided to work on another project that he found musically interesting/challenging. I know that makes him sound a bit of James Hunt for letting others down, but that's how he is about his music. Takes it very serious.

Anyway, in closing: legend.

He cancelled shows he was doing with Stephen Stills (after they had recorded an album together), leaving Stills a note that said "sometimes, some things that start spontaniously end that way, Neil"

Brilliant ! never used to like him but someone lent me a tape (remember them ?) of Weld ...blew me away.Seen him twice at the Apollo,first time doing Greendale,it was ok ish ,the encore was the best bit and as an earlier poster said,an acoustic set and then a electric set from him a few years ago,cant wait for Crazy horse to tour !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.